German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We aim to maintain our pet dogs on their canine diet plans however often we just can not withstand sliding them a periodic human nibble. If you would love to compensate your animal with a table scrap, make sure that you pick individuals foods that are risk-free for canine tummies.

Below are a couple of "dog-approved" people foods:

Associated: Harmful foods for canines

1. Peanut butter. A favored reward of numerous canines. Not just is it a good resource of protein, yet it also has heart healthy fats, vitamin B, niacin, and vitamin E. Things peanut butter right into a Kong to maintain your canine active for hrs. Pick raw, saltless peanut butter. KEEP IN MIND: Be definitely certain that you're not making use of sugar-free or "lite" peanut butter that has artificial sweeteners, especially xylitol, as these substances are incredibly hazardous to pet dogs.

2. Prepared chicken. Could be slipped into the dish along with your dog's routine food to include a spice as well as extra protein to its diet regimen. This also makes a good meal substitute if you remain in a pinch and from pet dog food.

3. Cheese. A wonderful treat for a canine as long as she isn't lactose intolerant, which a tiny portion are. Ensure to monitor your canine's reaction. Select low or decreased fat ranges as well as don't overfeed, as several cheeses can be high in fat. Home cheese is generally a great selection.

4. Baby carrots. Great for a dog's teeth, carrots are reduced calorie and high in fiber and beta carotene/vitamin A.

5. Yogurt. High in calcium and also healthy protein. However make certain to only pick yogurts that do not have artificial sweeteners or sugarcoated. Yogurts with active germs could serve as a probiotic and are good for your pet's gastrointestinal system.

6. Salmon. A great source of omega 3 fats, which are in charge of maintaining your pet's coat healthy and balanced and also glossy, along with sustaining your pet's body immune system. Feed your canine prepared salmon, include salmon oil to her food dish, or slip him a few of your undesirable fish skins.

7. Pumpkin. Good source of fiber along with beta-carotene/vitamin A. It could aid keep the GI system moving and also can assist with digestive concerns.

8. Eggs. Rushing up an egg for your dog is an excellent means to provide her diet plan a protein boost. Eggs are also a source of quickly digestible riboflavin and also selenium, making them a healthy and balanced snack.

9. Environment-friendly beans.Make a fantastic treat for your dog because they are loading and also low in calories. Select beans that have actually no included salt.

10. Apple pieces. Aid to tidy residue off a pet's teeth, which aids to refresh her breath. Apples are a great source of fiber in addition to vitamin An and C. Make sure to obtain the seeds and also the core before feeding to your dog, as these can be choking threats.

11. Oatmeal. A great source of soluble fiber, which could be particularly beneficial to senior pets with bowel abnormality problems. It is additionally a fantastic alternative grain for pet dogs allergic to wheat. Make sure to cook oat meal prior to serving it to your canine. Do not add any type of sugar or flavor additives.

These are just a few of the human foods that you could throw your canine's method. Bear in mind to attempt them in percentages. If your pet dog experiences any type of response, quickly seek advice from a vet. Before providing your pet any people food, do your research to earn certain it's safe. Never feed your pet harmful human things such as: chocolate, onions, grapes, raisins, yeast dough, sweetening agents, macadamia nuts, avocadoes, alcohol, or coffee. Consult your veterinarian with any type of concerns on just what is secure and also exactly what is damaging.

Exactly what is your dog's preferred food? Share it with us in the comments.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have found, through experimentation, that Newlie likes a lot of things that I would have never guessed. Here are some of the things he likes, but I am sure I have forgotten others.

Peanut butter, cheese, chicken, hamburger, steak, roast beef, tuna, bacon, eggs and sausage.

Broccoli, baby carrots, green beans, peas, celery, cherry tomatoes, corn, and of course, potatoes.

Mandarin oranges, apples, melon, strawberries, bananas (He has recently decided he likes them.) pumpkin, pineapple chunks and yogurt.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I give Kaiser a whole raw egg - shell and all, he carries his prize outside so carefully and then licks and licks it until the shell finally breaks and he gets the yummy stuff inside :)

Pumpkin skin - I'll peel a pumpkin for us and feed him some of the skin as a treat - he loves it!

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Ack -- another script chosen that reads like a poor translation.

Peanut butter is not made from raw peanut LEGUMES. .

I participated in an organics market for close to 10 years . Many of the young people there experimented , trialed and eventually launched their products from there .
One of those now has several Raw restaurants and raw products on grocery shelves.

You have to be careful with peanuts which might be contaminated with toxins.

Chicken is not a spice . Yogurt is not sugar COATED , and it does not have germs ,

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
As someone who spent a lot of time around riding stables in the past, I can report most stable dogs are as fond of carrots as the horses are!

The dog I had while my husband was alive got a piece of just about everything that went into his mouth. Some of her favourites were potato skins (and potato) squash, any sort of meat, broccoli, banana, beans, peas, many different kinds of fruit. Oh, and let's not forget the beer (a VERY small amount though!) She loved it so much that the 'psst' sound of a beer cap being removed brought her running! :rolleyes2:

About the only thing she wouldn't eat was salmon skin!

Yes, I tried to stop him from doing this, but my pleas fell on mostly deaf ears. Sometimes she'd suffer the consequences of him giving her things he shouldn't have. For instance, after he suffered a stroke, I brought him home on a day pass from hospital for Valentine's day, and he shared his strawberries and ice cream with her.

Guess who had to get up in the middle of the night to let her outside when she got diarrhea from them? :rolleyes2:

Please note, grapes and raisins can be deadly to dogs. Dark chocolate can kill, too. Regular chocolate...yum! The dog in question finished off an entire box of Roger's Victorian Creams that my husband had given me as a courting gift. Not enough real chocolate in them to be a problem. The bag of licorice all-sorts she got into one night was a different story, however... :rolleyes2: Licorice is a laxative, especially in large amounts!

I've heard a handful of raisins can be deadly to a dog, but my mom's English Springer once ate an ENTIRE bunch of grapes while she was out. He climbed up on a chair, and delicately plucked them from the stems.

She didn't know they could be harmful until I told her about it. She said the only thing wrong with him was he REALLY REALLY needed to pee when she got home! So, each dog is different. When I asked my vet how he could have survive this, she said the grapes/raisins toxicity seemed to be more like an allergy, and it depended a lot on the individual dog. Pure chocolate, however, was much more toxic.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
On the rare occasion I have a magnum, (thick chocolate coated good quality icecream on a stick), I eat the chocolate coating and Nitro helps me finish the icecream. For a dog, his icecream licking etiquette is awesome, apart from the drool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts