German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my floor-standing tower speakers and subwoofer and love my dog more! But what do you folks do to try to protect speakers from chewable inquisitiveness ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
hummm I dunno, but could it be that the dog is getting even on the assault on its sensitive ears?

I say only because my last GSD on 2 separate occasions chewed on my eyeglasses and TV remote because of a perceived injustice on my part.

·
Super Moderator
5,871 Posts
Hello from a fellow audiophile:)Some folks use x - pens as corrals around objects to keep pups away.Or a baby gate/fence across that end of the room.I used to sprinkle large amounts of black pepper around any cabling that pup had access to.And no rough play in that room!My dogs have never bothered the equipment ever because they avoided the peppered area and were closely supervised.

·
Super Moderator
5,871 Posts
hummm I dunno, but could it be that the dog is getting even on the assault on its sensitive ears?

I say only because my last GSD on 2 separate occasions chewed on my eyeglasses and TV remote because of a perceived injustice on my part.
The glasses and remote are saturated with scent and irresistible.Same with shoes,socks,etc.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Xpen is a good idea some people use bitter apple. The xpen is keep from getting a bad habit. Max hates the smell of Vick’s so that always worked better then bitter apple when he tried to steal my xmas ornaments when a young nut. You do not want them to lick Vick’s though it’s known to be toxic to dogs. last year max chewed my glasses. He does not destroy thing in the house but he will always try to get my hat and glasses.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I don't leave chewing puppies unattended. I had tower speakers for years and never had an issue. Crate training and supervision.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's what you do.../forum/images/Germanshepherds_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png Yes, it's a life-sized GSD speaker!
haha that is so nice! Luna has not chewed on the speakers or sub yet but she did destroy the TV remote left on the couch out of sheer boredom - our bad. We do not turn the speakers on unless she is out in the yard. Sprinkling deterrents on the cables can be done, but I wonder if two gates can be somehow put around the towers in a L shape at end corners of the family room.

·
Registered
298 Posts
haha that is so nice! Luna has not chewed on the speakers or sub yet but she did destroy the TV remote left on the couch out of sheer boredom - our bad. We do not turn the speakers on unless she is out in the yard. Sprinkling deterrents on the cables can be done, but I wonder if two gates can be somehow put around the towers in a L shape at end corners of the family room.
Yes! I have an African grey parrot that I need to keep Tasha away from. I use two baby gates in L shape. Works perfectly!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went with a 48 inch iron mesh exercise pen stretched from wall to wall instead of wrapping around - works beautifully and does not look ugly either. Thanks everyone for your inputs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts