German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
How about an e collar? There is a dvd on the Leerburg site that is supposed to help with dog and horse.

I am half way through it and nothing too revelotionary. I will finish it today and send it to you if you want. Just pm me with your address. The part of the video I am at talks about the electric collar. I was too tired to finish last night but definately do not mind passing it along. Maybe the second half is better than the first or you will get more out of it than I have.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Could you use a tie out cable? Ava also goes "nuts" if a horse is loose but as soon as we are on the scene she backs off and lets us handle it. When we long line or think we will have an issue with dog and horse then I will tie Ava. She will submitt and waut to be unhooked.

Barry basically sees himself as the leader which is not good for anyone. Especially Barry jumping through windows.

Use a crate, kennel... He needs to KNOW this is not his to make decisions. The horse is going to hurt him seriously some day.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Over the years my husband has lost two dogs to horse kicks.

I have been TRYING to teach the "out" to Quincy. He goes into the stalls with me. Ava knows to stay out. Anyway this am I was worming our schooling horses ahead of the vet who was to come late morning to do the show horses and boarders.

Anyway we were just underway with the vet when I realized NO Quincy!!

Everyone was frantic

1 hour everyone called, looked, drove around....

Finally found him cowering in the back of one of the meanest school horses stalls.

He was lucky to be alive. THe WHOLE incident was my fault!

I cannot tell you what a horrible feeling it was.

Please take care to fix Bear's obsession or you will know that feeling all too well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.