German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cat can sleep with us,play with the dogs in every room except the foyer....none of them pay any notice to him until hes in the foyer than its typical dog chases cat into hiding behavior....why would they care in just the one room? its frustrating because every other time they just ignore him or gently play with him. they snuggle up with him and they all groom each other...any ideas? i've tried having them sit stay in the foyer while the cat passes into a different room,carrying the cat through the foyer,been working on the "leave it" command extra with obedience,nothing is helping.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Is the floor a different surface in the foyer.
No safe hiding spot in the foyer.
The foyer is to them their play room.
Just a few ideas

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its all hardwood,the foyer is huge,almost as big as the living room,and has furniture and built in shelves and a cage and 4 doorways in it.they chase him and as soon as he is in one of the other rooms they stop. the front living room is their "play room" and they have the whole basement.they havent caught him but i'm worried now that they might get him cornered and crush him under their feet...so i wait until theyre upstairs with me at night-theres a half door at the top of the staircase-to let him roam,then he comes right upstairs and nobody carestheyve always been around cats and hes the first for this behavior,although it just started. we've only been in this house for 3 months,firstt month n a half were fine though.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts