German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.5 year old Shepherd is all of a sudden very skittish and scared whenever he is in the house. He shakes at the door ways to certain rooms but if I go in the room and call him he will come. The only thing that has changed recently is my family went on vacation for 10 days. While we were gone my mother watched my dog and her golden retriever stayed with him. I'm not sure if he is just depressed that his friend is gone or if there is something bigger going on. Max will run outside and play fine, still loves rides and playing with other dogs but once he gets in the house he freaks out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It sounds like something might have happened inside the house while you were away :( Have you asked your mother? Has she watched him before? Do the dogs know each other well?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's stayed with my mom many times over night at both her house and mine. His best friend is her retriever. I asked my mom if anything weird or traumatic happened while I was gone and she said no and said Max was acting completely normal. I just brought Max to my moms house and he ran around playing with her retriever for about 5 min then just layed down. He's wagging his tail and happy when we talk to him but he's very very scared to stand up and move, just like at my house. I don't think he's sick or injured but I'm not sure if I should still bring him to the vet just for a checkup.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I noticed that we will move around fine on carpet, outside and on his bed but hesitates to walk on tile or hardwood floor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He could have they play rough and run around. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow. I noticed he's bowing his back legs out when he walks especially on tile and looks like he's trying to keep pressure off of his back feet. Just odd that he's fine on carpet and in the yard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts