German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I please have anyone's opinion on which airline you like the best to ship a dog?
Is Delta Dash a good choice? - and what days are better to ship, if there is a difference.
The flight will be from MSP to LGA or JFK.
Thanks!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not sure if this helps but when i shipped my dog over from the uk i was told that only certain airlines would fly dogs in the usa so i had to choose from British Airways or Continental, but that was from another country and i was unable to do connection flights due to this problem so had to fly to a major airport.
Definately double check because the problem i had was that not all airlines have air conditioned cargo holds so that it gets too hot for the dogs and also there is restrictions on time of year not to mention the need for airline approved crates etc.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Delta is the airline that lost Vivi the whippet in New York, and more recently, Paco in Mexico City.

Continental is good. They have a pet shipping program, plus at their Houston hub they have a kennel for the dog to "relax" if there is a long layover. Probably will not apply to you, though.

If the temperature at departure or destination is too hot (or cold), the airlines will not allow the dog, so keep that in mind.

When I was trying to get a dog shipped from Tulsa to Indianapolis, I called all the airlines more than once. There are many factors. Hopefully you can find a nonstop and large enough plane to make the journey easier, and there will be less chance of losing the dog. (I know, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts