German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Many year's ago our male Shepherd Zen swam out in the sea on our local beach with our bitch Karla.We were worried that they were going too far so we called them back.As they turned Zen was having no problem's, but we could see that Karla was in trouble.As we were calling her name, Zen turned back and swam to her. He circled behind her, as he got in front she placed her paw's on his back and he brought her back to us.We had to go into the sea to pull them both out.I have never seen so much salt water coming from both end's of dog's before.After the shock of seeing what could have happened,they were only allowed in the sea with a longline

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wonder, if the dog had been a Shepherd,would it have jumped overboard to stay with it's owner.Linzi
I'm betting a GSD would have jumped in to be with him!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
come on Vinny, you know the dog didn't
steer a boat. the boat drifted ashore.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
how about a long line and a life vest????

Many year's ago our male Shepherd Zen swam out in the sea on our local beach with our bitch Karla.We were worried that they were going too far so we called them back.As they turned Zen was having no problem's, but we could see that Karla was in trouble.As we were calling her name, Zen turned back and swam to her. He circled behind her, as he got in front she placed her paw's on his back and he brought her back to us.We had to go into the sea to pull them both out.I have never seen so much salt water coming from both end's of dog's before.After the shock of seeing what could have happened,they were only allowed in the sea with a longline

1 - 11 of 11 Posts