German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 month old white GSD and he refuses to pee, poop, or drink at daycare. I take him once a week for the whole day. He held it for over 10 hours. Which of course is terrible for him. I don’t understand why he doesn’t go potty there, he can smell the other dogs and he’s taken potty by himself, so likely little distractions.

The daycare now has resorted to giving him a bowl from home and taking him outside to grass to make him go. I do not want him to have to have this special treatment forever.

Will he grow out of this? Should I force him to go potty there, by leaving him for 2+ days? The daycare uses turf, so should I get turf for him to practice on?

I’m overall having trouble getting him to go potty in new places, like at the dog park, even when we are away from the other dogs.

Please help!

·
Registered
171 Posts
My pup is 8 months and she still refuses to go pee and poo at the park. I'm thinking they will grow out of this phase so just try to be patient. Maybe talk to your vet and see if he has some insight?

·
Registered
341 Posts
My pup is worried by the melting snow.

He only poops on snow. He is a winter pup from Wisconsin. He learned that snow meant that he was the right place to poop. The snow in the front yard has melted to a 5-foot wide strip.

Another couple of days and he will have to learn to poop on the grass :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts