German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or get under your skin? make you think like "what the **** do you think you are doing?"

Just curious?

SORRY title was suppose to meant "ever"

·
Registered
504 Posts
YES ;);):D:D

One tech is too rough with the restraint and many dogs don't like to basically be in a choke hold so it turns an otherwise good dog into a flailing foaming raptor. I want to scream at her every time.

Automatically scuffing cats is another pet peeve.

Another tech is afraid of big dogs and sometimes squeals if they come close to her face in an exam room....I'm talking the worlds most obvious friendliest golden retriever coming to lick your face, she will squeal.....it's mortifying.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
only when they talk down to me like I'm stupid. But then I will change vets when they do that a couple times. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Also when they manhandle my pets without cause to do so. unless they have to hold them still for shots and physical checks, they don't need to be walking in the room and manhandling right off the bat. Vet that did that to Zena is lucky she controlled herself. Could see she wanted to bite him though.

I don't like techs or vets assuming they know my dogs personality better I do either. That's a good way to get me snapping at them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
One tech in particular for the 3rd time already insists on lifting Dillinger's tail nice and high to take his temperature. He screams bloody murder and thrashes all over the place and strikes the tech with his muzzle on. She has told me that it doesn't hurt and that he's just being ornery. It gets my blood going especially since I ask her to be careful and to not raise his tail all the way up because it will cause him pain. I have asked to not see that tech ever again.

Dillinger has a spine condition, he also isn't the friendliest dog at the vet either. They tend to give up and let me do the restraining since he's a muzzle dog. My vet on the other hand is great!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
No, I changed our vet practice. We have several veterinarians in our area so I can afford to shop around and find one I like. Even in the one I'm at, there's about 8 different general practice vets, I could switch within the practice if one bothered me.

The vet techs are generally very nice. One encouraged me to attend a self defense class, and another I see at our local park once in a while with his dog.

I'm getting to the age where I won't tolerate certain things anymore, one is an annoying medical office, either animal or human.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My X- vet always tried to act like she knew more about the German shepherd breed then I did and never stopped giving me grief about not feeding Science Diet.
If there was a vaccine that exist obviously to her my dogs had to have them.
I stopped using her when she hired a new vet tech and my female was having a tape worm problem and the tech sat there an argued with me that she didn't have tape worms because they did not show up in the flotation sample. Even though there they were in her stool squirming around in it.
They also felt the need to instruct me on to properly train my dogs and if I used someone to groom my Shih-Tzus besides their on staff groomer they would ridicule the groomer and point out all of their mistakes.
While I was in there for my last visit another patient of theirs came in with a Dobe. The vet had cropped the ears, but the ears were so uneven and not healing properly the person was PISSED OFF!
But like their commercial says " and they smell good too!" They did smell nice! Honestly they did!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
if it happened more than once maybe twice i'm switching Vet's.

or get under your skin? make you think like "what the **** do you think you are doing?"

Just curious?

SORRY title was suppose to meant "ever"

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
One place I went to one of the vet techs practically let Smokey dig his lunch out of his stomach with his tounge. I don't let my dogs lick or 'kiss' anyone not even myself. I don't like it when the vet techs let the pup lick them especially on the mouth.

·
Registered
525 Posts
When MAK was still alive I had a vet tech insist in clipping his nails. I ask her to please don't because he hates it and would get nippy with her. She would not listen and then hurt him by quicking one of them. Needless to say because of her being over bearing MAK had to wear a muzzle the rest of the exam. Had she left him alone he would have been fine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Talk excitedly and loud in a small room.
Give treats without any obedience first, just because they've seen her and she's cute.
Not read the animal's history in the chart before discussing their health.

Yeah, and the bill. That's a given, lol!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
last time i was there the huge vet tech grabbed my dogs leash and just started to walk off with her my dog clearly did not like that i was like wtf???

honestly should they do that? next time ill clutch the leash like a vice, my dog likes one of the techs thats it the otehr one she didnt know and she refused to go with her so i had to get up and pretend i was walking right beside her like i was holding the leash

it was just stupid though, do they always pull stuff like that?

Then when it was over they put her collar back on?? why not just let me do it? I should have just said here i can do it. But i was expecting them to give it to me.

Not sure if i am over reacting I just didnt like it this time. NOrmally its a great exxperience but my dog really didnt like the visit this time either. She kept wanting to leave. NOrmally she loves it there.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
It really annoys me at the end of each visit when one of them hands me a large bill.

yup, that's on the list too!!! darn large bill!!!!

I think my biggest peeve in terms of vet bills is the $60 office visit. I'm like seriously?! Unless I go to the low cost vet down the way, I literally don't leave the vets office without spending a minimum of $140. But they're a good vet and they're not pushy or rude so I'll suffer the bill lol.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
only when they talk down to me like I'm stupid. But then I will change vets when they do that a couple times. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Also when they manhandle my pets without cause to do so. unless they have to hold them still for shots and physical checks, they don't need to be walking in the room and manhandling right off the bat. Vet that did that to Zena is lucky she controlled herself. Could see she wanted to bite him though.

I don't like techs or vets assuming they know my dogs personality better I do either. That's a good way to get me snapping at them.

yeah if they ever pull that crap on me i will tell them to let go right there

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
yeah if they ever pull that crap on me i will tell them to let go right there

yeah I don't tolerate it. After Riley developing such an issue with vets after they took him out of the room from me when before he was an angel and never had any issues and the one manhandling Zena, I'm not a nice person. I've even refused to pay a bill they've tried to hand me after they were way rougher than was even remotely necessary. They're like my kids. Mom doesn't play nice with anyone being harsh with my babies without real cause.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
I like my vet and the staff there-its a pet peeve when people mis pronounce Anja's name -so one time the vet did and I said its Anja -I did it in front of the staff and everyone just burst out laughing-including the vet-so he's a good sport

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I had a vet and vet techs automatically assume Finn was vicious. There's nothing like seeing four techs and a vet pin your dog down and muzzle him...for a simple ear exam that he would happily accept if done calmly and with a few treats.

I'm okay with treats without basic OB, to be honest. I want the vet to be as fun and exciting as possible, so I don't mind it. I can literally hear Finn thinking, "Ohmigosh! Treats without me doing something?! Ohmigosh! Heaven!!! I love this lady!"

I really like my vets and vet techs, to be honest. The only one I don't like is one we hardly see, so I'm not too worried about it. She seems to only work before lunch, so we just avoid her.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
KZ how did they respond to you not paying the bill?

they were less than thrilled about it. Learned a few weeks later, I wasn't the only one who had refused. My mom actually ran into their receptionist at a friends BBQ and they started talking. The minute she said where she worked my mom started laughing and was like "my daughter hates that place! doesn't go anymore" and the receptionist said they'd been losing a lot of clients because of how the vets and techs behaved. They didn't try to force me to pay the bill.

When I was back home while Geramy was deployed, that vet practice is no longer around and the receptionist who was there is now at the vet I use when I'm back in Colorado lol. She remembered me and seemed happier there.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts