German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 8 week old male German Shepherd puppy and he is falling all the time! He is constantly rolling, falling and tripping. At times it seems like he is falling on purpose. Is this normal? Thank you!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Spartan has a tendency to randomly face-plant when he's walking. I think it's just that they're growing so fast at this age that they're super-klutzy. They'll grow out of it once thier growth slows down a little.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I remembered Annabelle not being the most coordinated puppy. I don't know that she "fell down" a lot, but she always seemed to be wobbly and would trip over her own feet only to catch herself and look at me like......"Ha! I meant to do that".

She grew out of it eventually.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Marley is 8 weeks also and very clumsy. She will take off running and lose her feet and do a somersault! My youngest DD thinks Marley is very talented because she didn't even have to take a tumbling class to learn how to do it!!!!....lol

·
Super Moderator
32,309 Posts
Puppies are clumsy, just like toddlers. That's part of what makes them so cute!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i got my boy at 9 weeks and he had his tumbles. i was worried he was going to hurt himself. now at 10 months he's majestic like all of the other Sheps.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I think they get so excited, they forget how long or short their legs are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts