German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is not scared to stick his head underwater and retrieve stuff from the bottom. He doesn't have a problem to get non-floating toys from his kiddie pool but also he retrieved 2 dead mice from the pond in our park and it was gross! He actually tracked them down because he was walking and sniffing and then boom!, his head underwater and next second he's happily running to me with a horrible thing in his mouth!

My Yana loves swimming but I've never seen her doing something like that.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I havent taken my pup to water, but I hope he doesnt do something like that LOL

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
Sadie, my first dog when I moved from home always did this, she was a rock girl and would pull rocks, clams and anything else she could grab from the bottom. Living at a lake, her obsession had to be controlled sometimes! She was a petite, husky & shep. mix and looked like a cream sable with the face of a husky.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Annabelle does this, and while she's not a puppy anymore she's been doing it since.

She hasn't pulled up any dead mice yet though, but she has brought me some she's found and killed in the yard.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Emma just brings me rocks from everywhere.

Elle once brought me a $20 bill when she was a pup, I have no clue where she got it from, but she came running with her tail wagging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts