German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for fun, give us your dog's perception to the above question. I'll start.

Babs: Does my owner make me feel safer? Well, that's a good question. I guess no, not really, she'd probably trip over me trying to run away if anything dire happened. Good thing she generally keeps me out of dicey situations.

Jenna: Nope, but that's ok, I got us covered. Except for that guy in the white coat, that she isn't worried at all about, but gives me the creeps. I think she's wrong there, but I know she doesn't want me to bite him, so...

Werewolf: Yes, Susie can do anything, what's to be scared of? What's "safer"?

Lassie: My owner? who's my owner? that big human with the food bucket? Her? Don't make me laugh?!?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just for fun, give us your dog's perception to the above question. I'll start.

Babs: Does my owner make me feel safer? Well, that's a good question. I guess no, not really, she'd probably trip over me trying to run away if anything dire happened. Good thing she generally keeps me out of dicey situations.

Jenna: Nope, but that's ok, I got us covered. Except for that guy in the white coat, that she isn't worried at all about, but gives me the creeps. I think she's wrong there, but I know she doesn't want me to bite him, so...

Werewolf: Yes, Susie can do anything, what's to be scared of? What's "safer"?

Lassie: My owner? who's my owner? that big human with the food bucket? Her? Don't make me laugh?!?
MacKenzie: No! Everything is a danger to my owner! She'd spontaneously die in the bathroom if I didn't follow her in there all the time!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Draco: I am a warrior against dogs, I keep them safe whenever one I don't like approaches! The humans can control fire so when there's fireworks or matches I won't relax until the owner covers my eyes and ears until it's gone. It always seems to work.

Shiro: I don't know, I'm too busy hiding under the porch. Where is my owner?

·
Banned
7,657 Posts
LOL ... not even a question for dogs!! For my dogs ... I am like unto a GOD! On walks they had no fear ... "none my Pass to do them harm!" They never interacted with unknow dogs for years! And when I was forced to let them do so (three stray rescue) there were zero issues! In as much as my dogs had never had a single bad experience with unknown dogs ... why should they care ... worked out fine. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,680 Posts
Patton: Danger? The Vic and I are a team. We rule the neighborhood so all of you can relax. We have it covered.
Chief: Anything I haven't seen before must be barked at. For some reason the Dawn doesn't see that those new things could be trouble.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
If one of our kids or our female gsds get after Ollie for anything he will run over to me and hide while he blathers on about it like he's tattling on them.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Toper/ Max/ Luna: sure! don't all moms/ owners make one feel safe. In our world they do and we are constantly being told how lucky and how happy we all make each other.

When anything goes bump in the night.We have a strong urge to want to help keep our home and family stay safe.

Smell of a coffee in the air always brings some kind of balance in the two legged ones!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ghost: Safer?? I guess so since she won't let me wander aimlessly in the woods, eat every neat and interesting object I pick up, and drink that delicious looking mud puddle water under the trampoline. I never get to do anything fun...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Areli & Akivah: ABSOLUTELY!! She is the one who chooses which gets to trails first (Akivah: We save people's lives!). We are partners and she is tough...

Areli: Although, I must say, she is a little too lax a bout people milling around the car - I have to intervene and keep the perimeter safe..

Akivah: Agreed (sis) - Her hearing is a little wonky too and she can't hear the slightest sound that could be danger, this is where we come in :)

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Areli & Akivah: ABSOLUTELY!! She is the one who chooses which gets to trails first (Akivah: We save people's lives!). We are partners and she is tough...

Areli: Although, I must say, she is a little too lax a bout people milling around the car - I have to intervene and keep the perimeter safe..

Akivah: Agreed (sis) - Her hearing is a little wonky too and she can't hear the slightest sound that could be danger, this is where we come in
Enjoying your stories and photos. My daughter is 14 and wants to be a sar worker. She is obsessed with the series supergirl and bionic woman and she said being a sar worker is where she can help people to. I thought it was sweet and know she is to young but she is very serious and keeps probing me to get In touch with a Sar group to learn how she can become a volunteer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bonita - Mom taught me pretty well when I was younger, so I don't think I need much protection now....except from that puppy they brought home. I protect them from the diesel trucks that drive by our house....and the UPS truck...and people walking strange dogs...they have no idea how dangerous those are!! I have to accompany them to the river and have my own chair to sit in just so I can protect them from the fish and the other people floating by on the river.

Porter - Mom and Dad are always telling me to drop all the cool things I find in the house and yard, I suppose they think that's protection - sheesh - I just want to taste everything. They let the big dog have the whole raw chicken leg, I don't understand why they cut the meat off for me...I want the bone too!! They have this thing that restricts how far I can be from them on walks...but the big dog doesn't have one, it just isn't FAIR!! Stupid big dog doesn't even take advantage of her freedom either unless Mom tells her to go play - even then she stays in site of the humans, so BORING!

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
The girl: seriously? My full time job was keeping my mom safe because she requires adult supervision (me). She is sometimes very toopid. I, however, am very smart. I went to Yale for dogs, you know, because I am a Service Dog. She got us lost in the woods many times but I always knew which trail to take when we tried to backtrack. I would sigh and tell her, please follow me, mom, the car is THIS way. DUH. Most other dogs are not as smart and special as me and I know it. I am allowed to go places other dogs can't go because I am so much smarter and speshuler. Mom does defend me gallantly against the very toopid dogs who try to bite me after I insult their heritage or intelligence. I always make sure to insult their intelligence silently and sneakily in a way that no one else knows about,because ladies are not openly rude. I let her deal with them so I don't have to get my paws dirty. Part of the reason mom does such a great job defending me is that I won't start the fight, but I will probably finish it. I will stand by rolling my eyes while mom fends off these idiot commoners. In my old age I have become very afraid of the thundering gods, and mom does take me to my safe place where they can't get me, which is awfully nice of her. I like all people and usually enjoy getting to know them. However, my mom is very nice about telling them enough is enough once I walk away from being petted, she will not let them pursue me. I am a lady, you see, and it's just impolite to keep bothering a lady once she's had enough. I have never been afraid of a person in my life except for the people at the place that smells like medicine and they are always poking me and hurting me. But ladies must maintain their composure regardless so although I hide under my mom's chair until they come for me, I never fight back or growl when they are doing stuff to me because that's just impolite. If mom says I must do what they say, then I will. We have encountered a few creepy people. I know what they were thinking about my mom, and I told them "If you bother my mother, I will rip your throat out. so I suggest you continue on your way. Have a nice day!" (ever seen Miss Meadows? I'm a lot like her)

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
An then there is Milla:

Ah yes, the warden runs a pretty tight ship here. Occasionally my sister Ninja gets loose and attacks one of the other bitches on the cell-block, but it's been years since the warden has gotten that lax. I'm a trustee now, and there is just one gate between me and glorious freedom. But then, I tell myself how OLD I am, and how I wouldn't know what to do on the outside. I guess you could say I am institutionalized now. The juvies are fun to watch. There's a new little guppy, that the warden has given Aunt Jenna the charge of. Yep, she keeps us all pretty safe.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Owner? Hah! We are parts of the same soul. I was trained by a big guy who taught me to bite and track and then let me patrol his back yard for a few years. I sent out a call to my twin flame the day before we met. Mom saw a GSD in someone's pickup truck and my thoughts and mind meld hit her, "I miss a Shedder," is what she said when she saw that dog. That evening, her husband got an email asking if he was interested in a working girl? Coincidence? Hah! She wasn't impressed with the photos but trusted her husband to come see me. Yes, it is true. I kissed her and laid in her lap when she showed up. I knew she is my twin flame. Her husband is with us for the body heat! No, he's a good guy. I lie between them in their soft bed. Mom, she is at the door side and makes sure I sleep deep at night. No more worries. Mom taught me to like treats, she figured out why I bite the vac, the brooms, the garden hoses. She reads my mind and I read hers. She has a light hand on my lead and makes over me when I show her how well I work. She is so proud of me. I act like a lady at the vet's and give him kisses. I reward her for her compliments. Sometimes, people ask if I bite? She smiles and replies, "Not hard." It is a joke but I would bite for her even though that is not why my mom loves me. She wants me to be relaxed and let her handle things. Mom sits in the garden and tosses the Woobie for hours, yes hours. Rotator cuffs? I'll keep an eye on her while she rehabs in the pool this summer. Hah! I finally got through to her and let her know I'd eat the antihistamines if she buries each pill in a big bite of hot dog. Butter is for suckers.

Heaven is here with her.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Thanks Jenny 720! That is so cool about your daughter :) What a sweet heart and wonderful soul to have at such a tumultuous age... Need more teens like that... New story up.. Been on a 3 day search and have tomorrow to go as well, but deployment stories will be added to as well.. Will try to get back to a new trail every other day..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts