German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sarge jumps in my bed every night. I try to sneak to bed, but he knows. He jumps up and lies beside me. Sometime during the night he goes to his crate. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Delgado slept on the bed with me a few times, but one dog (Jazzy) is enough for me. He's more then content sleeping beside the bed on his bed

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes he will sleep in the floor at the bottom of the bed. My little wife works nights, so I just let him do as he pleases.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I'm not against it as I obviously allow one dog already to sleep on the bed at night, if he was smaller I probably would let him on the bed but he's a restless sleeper and takes up WAY too much room lol Jazzy is only 12 lbs and still takes up 1/4 of the bed and hogs the fan when on

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
All my gsd's have slept with me at one time or another.

Masi is no different, tho she is a bed hog:)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Lakota is allowed to sleep on the bed after my husband gets up in the morning. On weekends as long as its not too early and she doesn't flop around like a fish. She's really the only one we've let get away with sleeping on the bed. All my other dogs have been happy with the occasional hugs and stuff on the bed but have always panted so bad we made them get down.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Hans has his expen/Kuranda setup.

He uses his bed and the floor. If invited on the bed, he jumps down very quickly.
Gets hot easily :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I cant let Diesel sleep with me because he pants and shakes the whole bed, he cant lay next to me he MUST lay ON me, and there is very little room for me if he is in bed he only weighs a few lbs less than me now and is HUGE. I would like for him to be my cuddle buddy in bed however he chews my arms when I cuddle him and thinks its time to play:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
My husband doesn't always come to bed so on the nights he doesn't Bunny will take his place. The other morning I wanted to turn over but I hate being face to face with my husband and his morning dragon breath so I didn't turn over. When I finally got up I realized it wasn't my hubby but Bunny who was beside me the whole time, lol. A whole other kind of dragon breath :D

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
He will usually start off at the end of the bed but it doesn't last long. I think he gets hot. He makes his rounds around the house to sleep. He will usually position himself between our room and the girls bedrooms.

He will however take naps with me and will stay in the bed because it's just me and him. He will lay with his head on the pillow sometimes facing me, my husband laughs at us:rolleyes: lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
When I finally got up I realized it wasn't my hubby but Bunny who was beside me the whole time, lol. A whole other kind of dragon breath :D
Hahaha!

Strider would sleep with us in a heartbeat, but he's still too clumsy with his paws. Plus our daughter co-sleeps so their really isn't enough room.

Our Rotties used to sleep with us (pre-child) until they got too big. D'Argo, who is still with us, used to put his head on the pillow between my husband and I. Crichton, who's at the Bridge, would lay at our feet. He would usually end up on the floor sometime during the night.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
My husband is very slightly allergic to the dogs, so they're only allowed to sleep with me on the couch or when we're on vacation.

But lots of times I sleep on the couch, puppy-eaten blankets and all, just because I like snuggling them so much. :)

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
whenit's bedtime my GF or i can say "it's sleepy time" and our
dog will go to our bedroom and do one of two things. he'll go
to his bed or he'll sit beside our bed and wait for us to settle in
and then he'll jump on the bed and curl up at the foot of the bed.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Piper and Zeus will both sleep with us but it tends not to last too long since they get too hot and move to the floor but just the other night I fell asleep with Piper on the floor and of course my bf Jason took a pic lol

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes! When we had 3, only one would end up staying most of the night with us, still don't understand how there was room on the bed? Now that we are down to one, he sleeps with us every night, usually between us. That's his favorite spot, so he can touch both us at once, lol.
He's a huge snuggler, has to be cuddled and loved on all the time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts