German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Harley will wait 10 hours if need be and I'm sleeping (rare obviously). He's amazing.
Rogan has given me a snoot boop in the morning and had to be gently and verbally corrected and he stopped that but I have caught him ever so quietly grumbling in the morning if he thinks I'm asleep, trying to help me wake up lol.

It's kinda funny but I don't let him know :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Luca rests his chin on the edge of my side of the bed, intensely staring at me sleeping as if he's willing me to wake up. I have no idea how long he sometimes stands there because he's quiet. It's a sweet way to eventually wake up, though, because he then gives me a huge gaping mouth grin when he knows I'm awake and gets a case of the wiggles. If my husband is also awake by then, I'll invite Luca up on the bed and he's full of kisses.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Heck, no, and if they did that they would be corrected.
I decide when I wake up, not them.
Exactly this. Also, my dogs know not to lick me. Doesn’t matter if I’m awake or asleep. I can’t stand being licked so it’s a big no.

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
The big boy will get my hubby up with licking. He was not happy when I closed the bedroom door the other day because he was wet from his walk and I didn't want all that dirt and grass and wetness up on my bed. But he got over it.

·
Registered
8,125 Posts
When my daughter was younger Max could not wait to help me wake her up he would jump on the bed and give her many kisses. The sand with my son - max seemed to get great enjoyment from this. The dogs are all late risers so if someone wakes me up it is often for a reason.

·
Registered
Luna
21 Posts
Luna sleeps on my bed. she waits until I wake up then cuddles up and gives kisses.. I was so honored the first time she did it / I rescued her only 2 months ago!/ it has since become the morning ritual..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah my girl does it every morning at 6am why cant she wait until at least 8 am im not a morning person lol

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
I have found they when my dogs wake me up, it’s usually in my best interest to get up.
I too have learned this lesson well! The dog let's me sleep unless there's a good reason not to, best if I trust what the dog is telling me!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts