German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Does your dog pull the squeekies out of toys??

My GSD will remove the squeaker and then carry it (alone) around with her until I realize it and take it away. It is better than the whole toy to her. She is actually pretty good about not tearing them open right away, but they tend to become tug toys with my aussie and don't last long after that. I've started buying them from Jeffers (as recommended here) when $.99, plus the local Aco has them cheap at times too.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Shilo doesn't shred them to get to the squeakie but more flattens them to kill it. I bought her, her first CUZ and the squeakie lasted 3 days before she killed it. She is known around the house as the serial sqeakie killer, SSK for short!

·
Registered
16,424 Posts

Originally Posted By: tev9999My GSD will remove the squeaker and then carry it (alone) around with her until I realize it and take it away. It is better than the whole toy to her.
Once Max de-squeaks a new toy, he will also carry around the squeaker in his mouth like it's a wad of chew.
He squeaks it in our face & taunts us, knowing we can't catch him to pull it out of his mouth. He's very smug about it.

·
Registered
280 Posts

I just had to say that I love this thread. This is the first time I've laughed this week. And yes, Miley is a serial destuffer!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts