German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking for a German Shepard for weeks now in my area and it has been extremely hard to find a reputable breeder, my friends knew a couple they work with who has a german shepard male that they want to rehome, he is around 8-9 months they said, but when I saw pictures of him, since I do not know much about the breed look wise except when very little and fully grown, I want to make sure he is as close to a real german shep as possible, so, in your opinion, does he look like a 8-9 month old pure german shepard? The colors is what threw me off as I have never seen a german shepard with an all black face but some brown on the body. So does he look pure bred or as close to or does he look like a mix?

Let me know as I would be picking him up tonight and would like to know your peoples opinions, thank you VERY much. Pictures below.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Obviously there is no surefire way to tell without testing but I mean based upon looks, does he look like a GSD or a mix?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
yes he's purebred, and beautiful at that! but I'm not sure "weeks" is enough time to do the proper research and make sure a GSD is right for you..... it is shepherd afterall.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That GSD looks great. His ears are so big.Probably will be exceptionally attractive as an adult.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts