German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys , im a new member in this amazing forum ,, I owned several puppies before but never German shepherd , and now I think im ready for it :)! ,,

I visited several breeders and checked more than 10 puppies, yesterday I visited a friend of mine and in total coincidence he told me that he has a 10 weeks old litter !! .. he is offering them for sale for about $300 each,, the problem is I never saw a GSD puppy this color, they are very cute and active and I trust the guys honesty but I don't trust his knowledge in purebred German shepherd , I took some pics with my phone for those puppies and I hope you guys help me if they are pure , in one of the pictures there is a photo of their mommy ! Im sure she is pure but the father I didn't see as he borrowed it from a friend in the mommy's heat season ,,

I don't know why but I really see some Huskey blood in them :(:eek:!! call me stupid but that's my gut saying :p !!

:help::help::help:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
$300 is pretty cheap for a purebred puppy. Do they offer papers or a look at the mom's papers at least. I see what may be some Husky in there but at this age it's really hard to tell. If you aren't planning to breed or show it really doesn't matter if they are purebred. You can do obedience with the Pal Plan with AKC. If you just want a pup for a pet then I would look at the personality of the mother and if possible try to see the father if it is near by. One of my favorite dogs in the past was half GSD and half Pit bull from their next door neighbor's dog that jumped the fence to breed with the bitch while they were waiting for the GSD they had planned to breed her with. She was smart, easy to train and would do any command with just hand signals. They were asking $5 for the pups but gave me one free when I told them the story of how my dog had recently died of old age and we were ready to love another.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hello Guys , im a new member in this amazing forum ,, I owned several puppies before but never German shepherd , and now I think im ready for it :)! ,,

I visited several breeders and checked more than 10 puppies, yesterday I visited a friend of mine and in total coincidence he told me that he has a 10 weeks old litter !! .. he is offering them for sale for about $300 each,, the problem is I never saw a GSD puppy this color, they are very cute and active and I trust the guys honesty but I don't trust his knowledge in purebred German shepherd , I took some pics with my phone for those puppies and I hope you guys help me if they are pure , in one of the pictures there is a photo of their mommy ! Im sure she is pure but the father I didn't see as he borrowed it from a friend in the mommy's heat season ,,

I don't know why but I really see some Huskey blood in them :(:eek:!! call me stupid but that's my gut saying :p !!

:help::help::help:
This color is sable

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@payratemom you are officially the first person to send me back in this forum :) many thanks for that ! ,,

actually the price is because we are friends and he is not a breeder, he just had the bitch and he mate her with a dog from a friend , I asked him to show me the father but I think I will need to travel to get there,, im not looking for breeding or show , but im looking mainly for a loyal alert dog for light territory protection , which is very far from Husky traits ! "I owned a husky and I lost it for some kid that fed him a piece of hotdog !! :( !! " , I know how to train obedience and I owned a mutt before , I loved him :) ! ,, but when it comes to protection and ease of training GSD is the best .. right ?

by the way , the tails curve and the eyes color is what makes me suspicious !

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
@payratemom you are officially the first person to send me back in this forum :) many thanks for that ! ,,

actually the price is because we are friends and he is not a breeder, he just had the bitch and he mate her with a dog from a friend , I asked him to show me the father but I think I will need to travel to get there,, im not looking for breeding or show , but im looking mainly for a loyal alert dog for light territory protection , which is very far from Husky traits ! "I owned a husky and I lost it for some kid that fed him a piece of hotdog !! :( !! " , I know how to train obedience and I owned a mutt before , I loved him :) ! ,, but when it comes to protection and ease of training GSD is the best .. right ?

by the way , the tails curve and the eyes color is what makes me suspicious !
I agree GSD's are the best, but that is just my opinion and pretty much biased since I love GSD's. They are so intelligent, have good memories, easy to train, make good family dogs, etc. I've never owned a Husky so I'm not really sure of breed traits there. Good luck with picking a pup. Just a note, my dogs tails were curled when they were pups but they all grew into the natural GSD swoop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
definitely not pure bred, my father in law had shepherds for a long time, i've seen all breeding pure and none pure, these pups look like they have a mix in the grandparent line, from the color and the snout shape looks like some kind of shepherd breed also. but that shouldn't matter i am convinced mixed breeds always make better companions then the pure bred. i always feel more love from them :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Tarek. The pup doesn't look 100% GSD to me. But if you like the pup and will give it a great home then go for it. If you want a 100% GSD there are a hundreds of threads on breeders etc. If you want a name of a highly thought of breeder Tracy Bullinger BULLINGER SHEPHERDS Breeder of German Shepherds Canada I got my long coat GSD puppy from her Havoc. You can click on my name or avatar pic and see an album of him. Tracy's male & female GSD's are beautiful....

I think GSD's are the greatest dog by far so I am bias....

Husky's are cool dogs also. Years ago when I had my GSD Baron. A friend had a Husky named Taboo. They grew up from puppy knowing one another. They thought they were brothers. I had Taboo for 3 months while my friend was between finding a place to live. You could tap on the wall and say Taboo jump. He would get a running start. Jump way up on the wall. Then launch himself hitting the wall and touch his nose off the ceiling.....

Derailing this thread for a second. What's the breed name of a Husky only its smaller then one but looks exactly like it? I know someone at work who is thinking of getting one because his wife doesn't want a big dog. But can't remember the breed name. Its sounds nothing like Husky though...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Are these current photos? My pup didn't look anything like this at 10 weeks. Maybe at 4 weeks? Can someone with more knowledge advise if these look like a 10 week GSD?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Are these current photos? My pup didn't look anything like this at 10 weeks. Maybe at 4 weeks? Can someone with more knowledge advise if these look like a 10 week GSD?

Ya I thought the same thing. They were younger looking then 10 weeks in the pics.....

These are a couple pics of my Havoc at 5 weeks....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tarek. The pup doesn't look 100% GSD to me. But if you like the pup and will give it a great home then go for it. If you want a 100% GSD there are a hundreds of threads on breeders etc. If you want a name of a highly thought of breeder Tracy Bullinger BULLINGER SHEPHERDS Breeder of German Shepherds Canada I got my long coat GSD puppy from her Havoc. You can click on my name or avatar pic and see an album of him. Tracy's male & female GSD's are beautiful....

I think GSD's are the greatest dog by far so I am bias....

Husky's are cool dogs also. Years ago when I had my GSD Baron. A friend had a Husky named Taboo. They grew up from puppy knowing one another. They thought they were brothers. I had Taboo for 3 months while my friend was between finding a place to live. You could tap on the wall and say Taboo jump. He would get a running start. Jump way up on the wall. Then launch himself hitting the wall and touch his nose off the ceiling.....

Derailing this thread for a second. What's the breed name of a Husky only its smaller then one but looks exactly like it? I know someone at work who is thinking of getting one because his wife doesn't want a big dog. But can't remember the breed name. Its sounds nothing like Husky though...
Many thanks for the info fade2black :) ! I knew there is something deferent about them! , i should definitely see the father to make sure! I always wanted a dark red colored GSD or sable colored "like the dog that came once in mythbusters bedliner paint episode :p" ,,,,

As for the husky question i think you are confused between it and the malamute breed , as the alaskan malamute is the bigger size but almost the same shape and colors,, these dogs are stubborn and extremely smart that they would know the trick trained but choses not to do it !! And they have so much energy and need so much exercise !! ,, its like living with a two year old !!! I hope i helped u with that :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
definitely not pure bred, my father in law had shepherds for a long time, i've seen all breeding pure and none pure, these pups look like they have a mix in the grandparent line, from the color and the snout shape looks like some kind of shepherd breed also. but that shouldn't matter i am convinced mixed breeds always make better companions then the pure bred. i always feel more love from them :)
Many thanks aya for ur advise,, im really having second thoughts about the puppies ! I like mixed breeds , but u know that when it comes to protection its almost rare to find a good protection dog amongst the pure bred GSD's so how about a mixed dog .. Right :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
As for the husky question i think you are confused between it and the malamute breed , as the alaskan malamute is the bigger size but almost the same shape and colors,, these dogs are stubborn and extremely smart that they would know the trick trained but choses not to do it !! And they have so much energy and need so much exercise !! ,, its like living with a two year old !!! I hope i helped u with that :)

No I know about the Malamute. Because of Taboo I actually looked into getting or finding a Malamute because I though having a bigger husky would be great. I didn't do it or never had a different breed. Guess I like GSD's 2 much. Any way no my co worker most def. said it was a Smaller breed of Husky but looked the exact same. His wife doesn't want a big dog. I ask tomorrow if Dirk is in at work. It was a completely different name but not an Alaskan Malamute....

(edit) You are 100% correct about the exercise though. Taboo could run all day and wanted to. We would take my Baron my friend's GSD and Taboo on the beach. Taboo ran them into the ground. We would get scared because Taboo liked to run so much we thought at times he wasn't coming back.....

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Too much chance. The puppies do not look 10 weeks old. There is something off about them in my opinion.
If you want a gsd specifically, go to a breeder that will show you papers. Even the mom looks like she might not be completely purebred in my opinion, but it might just be because the pic is small and because she looks skinny and I cant see her ears that well. ^_^

300 is extremely cheap for a purebred puppy. I know it's a friend but if you WANT a gsd, get a puppy that you are 100 percent sure is a gsd

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
If you are questioning whether a litter is purebred, your better off looking elsewhere. :)

IMO, they do not look purebred. Find a reputable breeder so you can feel confident knowing your pup is a purebred.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No I know about the Malamute. Because of Taboo I actually looked into getting or finding a Malamute because I though having a bigger husky would be great. I didn't do it or never had a different breed. Guess I like GSD's 2 much. Any way no my co worker most def. said it was a Smaller breed of Husky but looked the exact same. His wife doesn't want a big dog. I ask tomorrow if Dirk is in at work. It was a completely different name but not an Alaskan Malamute....

(edit) You are 100% correct about the exercise though. Taboo could run all day and wanted to. We would take my Baron my friend's GSD and Taboo on the beach. Taboo ran them into the ground. We would get scared because Taboo liked to run so much we thought at times he wasn't coming back.....
Yea the husky and malamute are bred to run and for long distances,, if they did not run enough they get depressed and sick! Its so weird how they crave it! Also swimming is a really good exercise for them even if it was a little chilly they wont feel it ! But the biggest problem is their friendliness to strangers , i wish u luck finding ur breed,, i made some search on google and found that the breed u r looking for is called the alaskan Klee Kai !! :) here is some free info :p !!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Hello,

I agree with the others, most likely not purebred GSDs.

I suggest you post a thread in this forum, it's used for finding breeders: Choosing A Breeder - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Describe where you live city, country also what you are looking for in your dog.

If you live in Canada or the U.S. there should be plenty of help for you there.

Best of luck in your search for a new best friend!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts