German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with the above comment. Although we might feel your dog is in the right, a court will never agree with us. Courts don't understand the nuances of dog behavior. They don't care. All they understand is human behavior and in the eyes of a court if a child is bit, no matter how much of a Tormentor or even if the child is a flat-out sociopath, the court will always rule against the dog.

Work with a trainer and do not I repeat do not let anybody put your dog. Politely decline if they ask. Put a sign on your fence saying beware of dog and a sign that says do not pet. That will provide some protection for you in case some fool tries to peek over and pet your dog.

Keep your dog safe. It is your job to keep your dog safe. Sounds like you're doing a good thing by teaching him some commands. Work with the trainer to enhance his abilities you do not have the time your ability on your own. Please, this can save you a lot of trouble in the long run. Work with a breed specific trainer. A balanced I repeat a balanced trainer. Run for the hills if you see a positive only trainer. They will take your money and the problems will continue.

Goodluck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.