German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's 3 years old, given to me as a birthday gift when she was 8 weeks old. She and her litter mates were being sold from the back of a pickup truck and that's all I know. :grin2: I know there's no way to tell for sure but just looking for opinions. I always get asked what she's mixed with, because she's tall (nearly 27" at the withers), kinda lanky, and apparently doesn't have the usual "thick" coat that GSDs have (what I'm constantly told). Again just asking for opinions, she's an awesome dog either way. If you think she's mixed, what other breed(s) do you see?

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
That first picture is so cute!

I see 100% GSD. Some are lanky, some are short, some have plush hair, somr have a short, tight coat, some are Black and Tan, some are full sables, some are patterned sables, like your girl.

A coat pattern like her's usually comes from one parent being a standard saddle-back black and tan, and the other parent being a sable. Of course, not having seen the parents, or having a pedigree, no-one can say for sure if she is a pure-bred GSD, but she looks pure-bred enough for you to say that as far as you know, she is all GSD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts