German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
She's beautiful! I think American Show Line mostly.
Thank you for responding. That does make sense; I would imagine more SL than WL end up in shelters (not sure why that makes sense to me).
What do you look for in distinguishing one type from another?

·
Super Moderator
7,639 Posts
ASLs look a little bit longer,have a little more slope,a little longer thigh bones.Usually.I'm by no means an expert! After looking at many dogs and many pictures you will begin to see the small differences.

Reactions: Cigar

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
She looks like pretty standard "pet stock" breeding. Sometimes referred to as ASL pet stock. Doesn't mean there isn't working line in the mix it's just a term generally applied to backyard breeder dogs, because they tend to be predominately show line breeding.
Working lines have only been common in pet homes for a couple of decades. The backyard breeders haven't got the same hold on them that they do on the show lines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It looks like she's the pretty & sweet type..Lol!....more than likely American line but she probably has some german show line somewhere because she doesn't have the "collie nose". Congrats on her, she's beautiful if you ask me!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks like she's the pretty & sweet type..Lol!....more than likely American line but she probably has some german show line somewhere because she doesn't have the "collie nose". Congrats on her, she's beautiful if you ask me!
Thank you. I am very proud of her and you're right she is very kind & gentle. Also very very playful, interested in everything & knows what she wants. We are a bonded pair & I don't know how I'd handle lockdowns & all the craziness, without her 💗

1 - 9 of 9 Posts