German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoying some quiet time in an open field, when here comes someone with a GSD. Very nice black and red, with a shorter, coarse coat.

Owner of other dog: She's beautiful. Is she a GSD / Husky mix? :crazy::confused:

Not sure how to answer that question.

Suggestions welcomed.

Do you see Husky? I don't.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
No maybe he needs a new prescription.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Not at all. People say some strange things. I was once asked if Heidi was "a German shepherd or a police dog?" Didn't know quite how to answer that. Finally said she was a German shepherd since she doesn't work in law enforcement.

·
Registered
463 Posts
People make me laugh ... they all seem to be experts on everything these days.
All I see is a beautiful GSD.

OP....A GSD or a police dog ? LOL..... I too would have been speechless.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
LOL! No she's a GSD mixed with cuteness ;):wub:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
LOL I dont see any Husky, All I see is a GSD lol

·
Registered
892 Posts
I think she is as GSD as a GSD comes lol. Some people are just smrt :p

·
Registered
263 Posts
People are nuts. She doesn't look anything but pure GSD.

People have asked me if my dog is mixed and someone the other day said he looked mixed because his back is so long. :confused:

I usually do all the exercising, but my fiance walked Jerry last week and came home all indignant because someone had asked him if Jerry was a mix.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Anthony - because she has a thicker coat, I bet they assumed she was mixed with a thicker coated breed.

She is a beauty......

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
She is so beautiful! Love seeing Kira photos.

When Trent was 9 or 10 weeks old we took him to Petco, and a man standing next to us took one look at him and said "Siberian Husky, right?" :D

This is the puppy he was looking at:

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
She looks mostly husky to me, maybe a little german shepherd in there.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Funny how you can even have one of your own and not know of all the different kinds of gsds there are.
I agree with this.
And what you see in public are mostly BYB dogs, short stock black and silver coat, or American lines.
I can understand why people might not figure out that Kira is a GSD. As a matter of fact, I have never seen one like her out and about.
Before becoming somewhat more informed, I might have thought she had Akita in her, because of the shape of her head.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
cant say that i see any husky in her, imagine a gsd owner asking a question like that! shame, shame
Exactly! It's bad enough that your average Joe, might not recognize a GSD, but for a GSD owner to not recognize another GSD is simply pathetic.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Personally I am thinking Chihuahua and English Mastiff mix......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts