German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a sweet 15 week old gsd who is a really sweet boy. We live in a secluded area on about 40 acres and have bears, wolves and and some coyotes. He sleeps by my side of the bed at night and if he hears anything outsidehe gets up in the pitch dark and patrols around our house from room to room and just once in a while a little growl comes out. We have been socializing him to the max and he loves everyone and very social.Just hoping he is not going to be aggressive as he gets older, or is this just their instinct to protect us when he is just so little???????Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
At 15 weeks it's not really protection and instead uncertainty of the noise...he's trying to figure it out at his age. If you keep socializing him regularly he should turn into a wonderful boy without temperament issues but do keep socializing him:)

·
Registered
819 Posts
We have a sweet 15 week old gsd who is a really sweet boy. We live in a secluded area on about 40 acres and have bears, wolves and and some coyotes. He sleeps by my side of the bed at night and if he hears anything outsidehe gets up in the pitch dark and patrols around our house from room to room and just once in a while a little growl comes out. We have been socializing him to the max and he loves everyone and very social.Just hoping he is not going to be aggressive as he gets older, or is this just their instinct to protect us when he is just so little???????Thanks in advance.

At 15 weeks old he is a little too young to be “patrolling” the house. He should be locked in his kennel as there’s too much he can get into and possibly hurt himself.

I agree with Zoey. At his young age, his growls are not protection based. They are probably more fear-based. Doesn’t mean he won’t be a good protector when he gets a little older/bigger! :)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
and maybe not so much fear based as he is more uncertain and checking out the noises he hears. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.