German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are picture of Lincoln from 8 weeks to 10 weeks. At second shot appointment yesterday he weigh 19 lbs at 10 weeks.
Is he at the right weight?
Will he get tan soon? I thought puppy will start have more tan by this age.
His hair is going to be short like this when he grows up?

We have puppy play date yesterday. We had Lab and two chihuahua came over. Lab was about 2 years old and he didn't play with him so much. Those two little monsters were mean though. They barked and bit Lincoln. But even that he was still trying to play with them. Only time he starts to bark back was when I let my friend put her chihuahua in his indoor kennel to separate them. Lincoln was mad. He keeps barking and barking. So I switch and put him in the kennel and get the chihuahua out. He stops barking but still watching that chihuahua closely lol I guess he just doesn't like other dog in his area.

As far as potty training, he is doing pretty good. Except when we have visitors or playing in extensive time he would pee wherever he wants to :crazy:

He is the one on the left on the first picture

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Adorable puppy! I think he looks great!

While I am by no means an expert I do have some comments on your play date.

First, they are suppose to be fun, happy experiences for the puppy. It sounds like your poor puppy didn't get to have much fun. I would look for other doggie friends to play with so that your puppy will get to have a good socialization experience.

Second, I would not put another dog in my puppies crate, especially one that has been trying to bite my puppy. That is their special place. When the chihuahua was in the kennel Lincoln was probably sitting there thinking "hey, that's my room! You aren't suppose to be in there! Get out! Now it is going to smell funny!" If you do have the dogs come over again, have the owner bring her own kennel so everyone can retreat to their own safe space if needed.

Again, I'm not expert, just my thoughts. And again, super adorable little guy!!

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adorable puppy! I think he looks great!

While I am by no means an expert I do have some comments on your play date.

First, they are suppose to be fun, happy experiences for the puppy. It sounds like your poor puppy didn't get to have much fun. I would look for other doggie friends to play with so that your puppy will get to have a good socialization experience.

Second, I would not put another dog in my puppies crate, especially one that has been trying to bite my puppy. That is their special place. When the chihuahua was in the kennel Lincoln was probably sitting there thinking "hey, that's my room! You aren't suppose to be in there! Get out! Now it is going to smell funny!" If you do have the dogs come over again, have the owner bring her own kennel so everyone can retreat to their own safe space if needed.

Again, I'm not expert, just my thoughts. And again, super adorable little guy!!
I totally agree with you! This is my first dog and my first play date I wasn't thinking. I don't know those chihuahua had fun or not but Lincoln definitely had fun lol he slept like a baby last night. We have puppy class to go to tomorrow. Hopefully he find a better friend :) Thank you for your comment!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Your little guy sure is a cutie. When you have visitor over for a playdate, to keep from having an accident in the house take time out every 1/2 hour or so for a potty break.

He looks to be a fine size to me for his age and his hair will be the same length when he is an adult if it is short now. It will take a few months for the tan color to creep up his legs, he is a handsome little guy, thanks for sharing with us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts