German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ruff wear harness. anyone use it? I like the look of it, and I go hiking with jaxx a lot and it has a handle on it I could use.

it says that these are some of the good thing about it:
Harness is strength-rated to 2,000 lbf or 8.9kN
Padded belly support, adjustable frame, and leg loops (which can be tucked away for increased mobility upon approach) for steady weight dispersion
Strength-rated, adjustable martingale for a customized fit
Four strength-rated, anodized aluminum lace-back buckles for safety and durability
Strength-rated tie-in point for easy rope attachment

I think ill get it, just wondering if anyone here uses it and if its good.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thinking the same

I saw the harness in some pics here today and went to the site. They look well made. We don't hike much, but I like the fact that if while walking if I had to quickly lift one of the girls, I could. We have ferel dogs here and they haven't come near us, but you never know.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they cost so much money though! 100 bucks for a harness, uhmm no. thats a little to high for me! i was hoping on people who had them to tell me if they worked so i could see if it was worth it... so speak up, please :)

·
Banned
599 Posts
I know Carriesue does. I asked her about it, and she said it was the ruffwear harness. When I looked it up, it seemed SUPER cool and very useful. I would say get it :)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I don't personally know anyone who uses that particular harness, I'm assuming you mean the Doubleback Harness since your post mentions leg loops. It looks good though, for people who need the extra strength/features. Ive heard of people using it for a support harness also, for senior dogs.
I do have a Ruffwear Webmaster harness which I like a lot, the one I have is part of the Palisades pack really but it can be used separately as a harness.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't personally know anyone who uses that particular harness, I'm assuming you mean the Doubleback Harness since your post mentions leg loops. It looks good though, for people who need the extra strength/features. Ive heard of people using it for a support harness also, for senior dogs.
I do have a Ruffwear Webmaster harness which I like a lot, the one I have is part of the Palisades pack really but it can be used separately as a harness.
Yes, I do mean the double back harness

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
I tried two sizes and returned them both.
I didn't like the awkward position I had to pull the dog's paw into to get the harness on him.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I don't have that particular harness, I have the webmaster but Ruffwear stuff is amazing and great quality, it will last a long time! Mine goes hiking with me every time and also goes in the ocean and still looks brand new. I also have the palisades pack.

This is the one I use

Mount Laguna Hike by Carriesue82, on Flickr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts