German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31,708 Posts
There used to be a person on here that owns one.

·
Registered
344 Posts
They are gorgeous, I would also love to see one in person! (mabie own one, someday lol)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I was on the list for a male last year but the litter never took. I've spoken to the breeder who "discovered" the panda gene. She was pretty nice. They're pretty dogs. I'd like to have a panda some day but we'll see. I say "discovered" because she's the only one I've read who's had it documented at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Panda gsd???

After researching... My Bevo fits the description of a Panda. I was wondering if I posted some pictures, could someone help me out with their thoughts and opinions?

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Post away! Tell us also how you came about getting her. Panda's are still quite rare, so not many people have actually seen one in person. But we might be able to say if she might be a Panda, a regular GSD with weird markings, of maybe a mix? At any rate, I'm curious to see pics.

·
Banned
5,124 Posts
Wow! Pretty close...or at least as close as I've ever seen. But I'll have to guess a mix. There isn't any brown, and the blue eyes are probably a tell of another breed being mixed in.

My guess would be Australian shepherd or a heeler mixed with a GSD.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
I don't know. The only questionable thing I see is the way the back end us put together and his tail set.

But he does look Panda to me. But they are very very rare, and I would bet the breeder can tell you where every pup is located.

Where did you get him??? He is gorgeous!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
We adopted him as a puppy at Adoption Day at a local pet store. He is so beautiful and the most lovable dog I've ever known. When we adopted him, we were told he was a mix between a German Shepherd and Australian Shepherd, yet he was the ONLY one in the litter that looked SO different and had the blue eyes. I later started to think he may be part husky, because of the coat and eyes. After seeing the "Frankie" dogs picture, I thought surely he must be a Panda, they look IDENTICAL. I can get other pictures. I only had the ones posted on my work computer. I just don't know what angles are best to look for (like you mentioned the tail set and back end), so if someone could tell me, I will take pictures this evening and post them.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
I think looking at the entire litter is best. A Panda is a purebred GSD. So the other puppies would have looked pure GSD. If they did not, then he is probably a mix. Still gorgeous!!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
We've actually seen TWO this year in shelters.

One of them was pulled by a breed rescue, and he was adopted by his foster mom. The other was adopted by a shelter volunteer before the rescue could pull him. Both were in kill shelters in the same geographic area--very likely bred by the same BYB (probably an amateur color breeder).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts