German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone on this board makes leather leashes, perhaps while also offering to burn in names or stencil it..however it's done! Or if someone knows where I could have this done that would be great!

I work in a grooming shop and sometimes my shepherd goes next door to the doggy day care place...they absolutely love her..but twice they have lost my leather leash..or gotten it confused with someone elses...

which is kind of fine. I still come home with one..just not MINE. So, i want to buy one with her name engraved on it! lol

(also once at the vet i came home with a different leather leash)

perhaps people in charlotte, NC can't keep their stuff straight. who knows. in all my years of grooming I have never lost a clients leash or collar.

I spend a good amount of money on a quality leash..and then get it broken in just right and manage to lose it. It's driving me nuts.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Can't help you much in NC, but the man who re-covered our couch and car seat for us was great with leather. If you were here I'd recommend him. . if he's still alive. lol

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
When I go to the large cluster dog shows, there's a woman traveling around who makes leashes. I don't think she personalizes them, though.

Another option is to find a custom leather shop. I remember one under the EL in Chicago when I lived there. But maybe you have find somebody online.

http://www.leathersmithdesigns.com/personalized-leather-dog-collars.htm For $60 you won't want to lose this one!

A final option would be to put a luggage name tag on it when you bring in. :D

·
Registered
27,323 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That stamping kit is neat..i never thought about doing that. It might be worth a shot.

I will email Jaspenhof for some prices and just see about having one done..if i end up doing it to every leash I own i might just get the kit.

Thanks for all the replies!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Another option would be to attach some type of ribbon to your leash or put a dog ID tag on it, that way it's obvious whose is whose.

I know some places also make leather collars with a nameplate, I bet if you asked they could add a nameplate to a leash instead.

Examples:
Leather Dog Collars Leashes Wallets and Belts
CALIFORNIA COLLAR CO. Artisan Leather Dog Collars, Leather Dog Leashes, Leather Harnesses and Accessories -

Here's a leash with a nameplate:
Perri's Flat Leather Dog Leash - Leashes - Big Dog Boutique.com

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I would get a bridle tag for the leash. I'd be pretty mad if I came home with the wrong leather leash, since the quality varies so much among leather leashes out there! Unless of course I got a better quality leash than I'd had.. lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
Check with local tack shops or motorcycle shops. Both are likely to have someone that does custom leather work.

There are also other shops that you might not feel comfortable checking with.:shocked:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts