German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be playing tug or just with any random toy and I will let her win and she will run away with it and hide it? Does anyone else have a pup that does this?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yep - mine do the same thing at times. When I want to play, they want to play hide and seek with their toys. When I want to work on things or do homework, they bring every single toy they can possibly find and dump them in the living room :rolleyes: Gotta love em :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
yup it's very commun. puppies do that all the time. when Buster was little and we where playing I let him win and then he started to run and hide the toys. one time I was cleaning my room and under by bed it was like every single toy that he had. :laugh:
and sometimes was not just toys. also socks, slippers everything he found in his way.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Jax only hoards tomatoes so they don't end up in the spaghetti sauce. Or maybe she was just protecting it. :wild:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its funny I got her a big duck from petco that is almost as big as her and I will just run around the yard while she is in hot pursuit as soon as I let her loose she b lines tripping over it lol

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The other day I found a Grendel hoard....very odd collection of things had been gathered, some understandable, some not. To Whit:

Stuffed toy, partially torn

torn sock

hard, stiff, reddish object that turned out to be an old (very old) uneaten hot dog. Apparently she didn't want it but didn't want anyelse to eat it either.

Set of keys I had been missing for a month. (think she was joyriding?)

A dessicated and partially chewed (blech) mouse. I'd wondered what the smell was.

bits of bird food.

A video tape of of "Wind Across the Everglades"

A refrigerator magnet for "Xena, Warrior Princess"

my missing book from the "Plantegenent" collection.

A squeaky that no longer squeaked.

My water bill for July.

a $5 bill.

Makes me wonder what she was up to.

Jelpy and the Mesquite Mafia

·
Registered
24 Posts
Actually my puppy doesn't hoard at all, he just seems to love leaving a mess about to be cleaned up by me :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
YES - But not my GSD, my 4 yr. old Pomeranian, Beau. We call it "his stash," and he has 3 - that we know of - one under the bed, one under my vanity seat, and one under the couch downstairs. When I toss out new toys (I have 5 dogs, so I hand out a lot) within minutes they're 90% gone because Beau took them to one of his stashes!

He takes toys from my new GSD pup Remi sometimes, and Remi just takes the abuse, of course I get them back for him, though! I tell Beau he's crazy - sure, Remi is about the same size... now. Wait until he's 100 lbs and tall, you'll be sorry you stole from him!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
My lab used to dig and bury his toys when he was a pup- he will hide his balls now from Zoe, but she is smart and now finds all his balls and relocates them just to be contrary,lol She doesn't hide any of her own toys though just his chews and balls;)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Riley runs around the house grabbing all the bones and rawhides he can find and then gets angry when Shasta or Shelby find his stash. I usually end up having to get the bones away from him because he's a butt about it. he knows how to share and that he's supposed to but he's still a PITA about it. and if he knows i've seen him snagging all the bones, he'll shove them under the couch where nobody can get them. I'll let them there for a few months and then dig them all out and its like they're brand new all over again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts