German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was in the first place wanting to get a Tervuren Shepherd after a while, I walked a few and they have way too much energy.

Then I was looking at a Grand Pyrenees and no one breeds them or a waitlist of 2 years or more.

Then I went to looking for a Husky no way too much energy and stubborn.

Then I went just the old way like my old neighbor had, a female GSD very behaved etc.

I had to walk these dogs a few times hmm no. not my piece of cheese.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a gsd and to this day I still have ppl say “are you happy with a dog that big?” And i don’t know how to take that. To me it’s an insult as if something is wrong with big dogs or the gsd breed. To me, little dogs are dumb. A real dog in the past was a wolf that started living with man. And that’s what I wanted. And a gsd is pretty close..

If I wanted a 5lb fluffy useless dog that would get punted by any intruder I’d just get more cats bc cats are better at being small and nimble and can actually fight for their size ;)

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
You know, I've had both large and small dogs, and they were all good dogs and good watchdogs. Cats, on the other hand, while I like them just fine, never have alerted me to anything!

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
You know, I've had both large and small dogs, and they were all good dogs and good watchdogs. Cats, on the other hand, while I like them just fine, never have alerted me to anything!
Wow! I have had cats alert me to a lot of things including an intruder in the house hiding upstairs.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts