German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about signing up for their puppy classes.
The class outline looks pretty good, and it's only a 23 minute walk from my house. I was wondering if anyone's trained with them, or knows about the trainers Dawn Chrisholm and Val Archibald.

Here is what they say about their puppy classes:

PUPPY LEVEL 1 THE NEW APPROACH TO PUPPY CLASS – COMBINING FUN AND LEARNING FOR YOU AND YOUR PUP. FOCUS ON BEHAVIOR AND SOCIALIZATION IN LEVEL 1. PLAY WITH OBJECTS AND LEARN TO UNDERSTAND AND SHAPE YOUR PUPS EARLY BEHAVIORS. INTRODUCTION TO SITS, DOWNS, GOOD VISITING SKILLS, BODY SHAPING AND MORE. OWNERS LEARN TO UNDERSTAND DOG BEHAVIOR DYNAMICS. POSITIVELY BASED TRAINING METHODS.
PUPPY LEVEL 2 – CONTINUING FROM LEVEL 1 PUPPY WITH SITS, DOWNS, RECALLS, STAY, LEASH SKILLS, HEELING AND MORE SOCIALIZATON OPPORTUNITIES. OPEN DISCUSSION ON COMMON BEHAVIOR CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS. INTRODUCTION TO PROGRESSIVE OBEDIENCE.
STARTING AT AGES 10 - 16 WEEKS . DON'T MISS THIS MAGIC AGE. PUPS MUST HAVE HAD SECOND SET OF SHOTS TO ATTEND CLASSES.
NO LARGE GROUP PLAY SESSIONS – THS HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE COUNTERPRODUCTIVE TO GOOD SOCIALIZATION. IT CAN CAUSE AN INCREASE IN FEAR BASED OR BULLYING BEHAVIORS IN YOUNG DOGS IF NOT HANDLED PROPERLY. ONE ON ONE SOCIALIZATION AND WORKING ON LEASH IN A GROUP WHILE SOCIALIZING ENSURES THAT NO PUP CAN BULLY ANOTHER AND EVERY SHY OR NERVOUS PUP HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP A HEALTHY CONFIDENCE LEVEL THROUGH OUT THE CRITICAL LEARNING AGES.

MorningStar Dog Academy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts