German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've mentioned in other posts that I just rescued a 9 month old tripod yesterday. This is a first for me. I just could not leave her in that awful situation she was in so...I think she's better off with me. Even if it's only until I can get her healthy and adopted out.

However, in the mean time...I put down extra area rugs for her. (I have hardwood floors). I know to keep her weight down. Is there anything else she may need...like a certain supplement for joints since she only has 1 remaining leg? It's her right rear leg that was taken off. Her remaining leg seems to be doing OK. She's a little wobbly. Her surgery was 2 months ago.

PS She has horrible - HORRIBLE tummy issues. I'm trying to figure out if it was just a lack of quality food or if she's allergic to something. Right now I have her on just plain rice and chicken I made to help bind her up a little.

Thank you for any advice.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for the help and the links. She was on Royal Canin. I only feed my guys Solid Gold dry, Solid Gold canned and Solid Gold Seameal. I plan on taking her to the vet for an exam and fecal testing. This poor thing has been through so much in her short life...and she has a great spirit still! She wants so badly to play with my big guys but...they play rough. I am being very careful. She is so danity. She ran into my leg three times already, cried and tipped over. :-( Poor thing...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts