German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am re posting this i didnt get much replys in my other thread.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for your advice. i have my 14 week old pup he is doing great on potty training almost couple accidents only in the house since he was 8weeks. he had giradia and we treated in and roundworms as well. when he had diarreah the breeder told me give him Eukanuba and actually it helped fixing his stools, then we also had prescribed foor and some antibutics and dewormer.

Now he is completley transitioned to Orijen large breed puppy food and i can see the change he is putting good weight and also better coat, i also mix it with canned pumpkin.

Here is my questions when he wakes up in the morning i take him to potty and it is firm stools not always dark but firm after he eats it getts soffter and then i crate him and my wife usually play with him and take him potty at 3pm and he some time has loose and firm or half and half. but at night time we feed him and wait a bit and we go for a walk and then before bed around 9ish i take him potty and it is mainly pudding. i really don't know what to do? he also eats grass and soil some time. i am really getting frustrated with this i dont know what to do. it seems like everytime we play or walk he then has looser/pooding stools. but after walking up from nap etc. its ok. what do you guys advice?

I did the test yesterday and it came back negative. but it is turning very frustrating to me. i dont know what is going on. this morning it was complete pudding and i dont know. Maybe the food is to rich for him? what other food do you guys feed that is working good for you? I have noticed a signeficant change in his coat after moving from Eukanuba to Orijen LBP that was about 2 weeks ago that he has been completley on orijen.

Please help!!!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I read your other thread and I also think that maybe Orijen might be a little too much for him. I tried it with my dog when he was younger and he just could not tolerate it, which is too bad because I really liked the food.

I have noticed that in the morning my dog's poop is great ,but when the day wears on if he is particularly active he will have looser stools. I don't know if this is attributed to activity or not.

I think if you have ruled everything else out maybe try him on another good quality food and go from there. Sorry, I wish I had a better answer for you :)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
what other food do you guys recomend?
I ended up going with Nature's Variety. I rotate between the Duck & Turkey and the Beef and Lamb. For me I wanted something that was grain free, but also no potatoes and something that did not have chicken in it (I suspect sensitivity) I also like that they had a line of frozen raw food as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.