German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother lost her Doberman a few months ago and would like to get another. She is interested in a young adult, preferably female. She currently has a rescued boxer who is female as well. I am interested in her getting a dog that will be good with my kids. Does anyone know of a good Doberman rescue in New England where they foster in homes and would have a good idea about temperment? or a Doberman breeder who might be looking to place a dog?

LandosMom

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Dont know any off the top of my head, but i'll check around and get back to ya.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
This is the only ALL Dobie Rescue I could find for New England. I found one in Penn, but they dont adopt this far. I hope she finds what she's looking for!

http://www.dru.org/index.htm

·
Registered
989 Posts
In NH there is Doberman Rescue Unlimited and I know there is another in NH but I don't know the name. DRU is set up in a kennel situation but I will see my trainer on Sunday and ask her. BTY she set up the training program at DRU which has been very successful.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
dd.. thanks for the link! I have to get on here more!

There are quite a few rescues.. DRU is the largest because they have a kennel. I will PM you the e-mail address of someone that lives in NY and is involved in dobe rescue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts