• No

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sasha is my first GSD but the dog I had before her was a male golden, and while some of what I'm noticing could be breed differences, I think she just has more attitude than him in general. I've been around quite a few dogs in my day and it seems like the females are just have a bit more 'tude going on.

For instance, I swear Sasha rolls her eyes. It sounds crazy but I'll tell her to do something and she'll just look up at the ceiling, like "whatever...". She'll back talk me when I'm trying to tell her to do something. She has mood swings for no apparent reason. My male was never like this. He was pretty chill, just wanted to be loved on. Had he been an inside dog, I know he would have been the one that would have wanted to sleep on the bed because I was on the bed, not just because it was more comfy. Sasha always acts like it's a huge imposition that I'm even on the bed as well. I get the sigh and then she gets off after a while because she's tired of me rollin' around, or laughing at the tv.

Sasha is also all about Sasha. She loves me; I know this, but my word is she a diva! You step on her paw and she's like, "OOOOOOH!!!!! YOU'VE KILLED ME!!!!!! THE PAIN, THE CRINKLE EAR, OOOOOH!!!!" It's absolutely ridiculous. My male was like, "No biggy, stuff happens."

She's also more willful. I can literally see the wheels turning when I tell her to do something, "Hmm...I don't really want to do it...If I don't do it I'm gonna get in trouble....hhmmm is it worth it? She never does anything too terrible when I'm bad..." My male didn't always do what I asked, but it wasn't like there was any thought involved, he (like most male species) seemed to just have selective hearing. He never made eye contact and then blatantly did the opposite of what I said. He just had some ADD going on lol! "I was gonna listen sis but then I saw something shinny."

She's also not as cuddly. She's all about her space. My male didn't really care about his space. You could hug him, lay on him, paint his nails (He and I grew up together so he had to endure such unmanly horrors such as pink nails), pretty much anything. Sasha, not so much.

So anyways, do your females have more attitude than your males?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

She will be the last female dog that I will own.
I think Sasha will probably be the last female I own too. Another interesting thing I've noticed is her bitchiness/attitude doesn't bother my brother. Do you think maybe it just bothers us because we're female too and we see it for what it really is? lol

·
Banned
11,005 Posts
One our females is a diva (not a GSD- she's a sheltie mix).
You notice I say one - because of the 5 females I have, I could only tolerate one diva and this pack could not handle another diva. When my diva (who'll be 10 in a few mos) is gone I doubt I'll have another like her. I love her to pieces and she's my dog through and through, to the point where she refuses to listen to my husband and acts like he's really good for nothing (except if food is involved).
I could not handle another queen B like she is. I doubt I'd ever get a female GSD for that reason.

·
Banned
11,005 Posts
I think Sasha will probably be the last female I own too. Another interesting thing I've noticed is her bitchiness/attitude doesn't bother my brother. Do you think maybe it just bothers us because we're female too and we see it for what it really is? lol
Or they do drama better than us?? :rofl:

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I'm not really sure, my guy friend doesn't like her but he is gay. Her breeder told me that Malice is the dog version of me and it's true. Her and I butt heads all the time.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not really sure, my guy friend doesn't like her but he is gay. Her breeder told me that Malice is the dog version of me and it's true. Her and I butt heads all the time.
My mom says that about me and Sasha!!! She says that I got what I deserved! Hmm...maybe that's it.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I notice this with horses too. My gelding was much more chill than the mare I rode after him. Pretty sure female cats have always been the more "you don't come to me, I come to you" pets. Divas! Everywhere!

·
Super Moderator
32,033 Posts
Yes and no. Dena was the sweetest dog we've ever had, no attitude, no reactivity, just good, and easy, from the time she was a young puppy.

Halo - oh, YEAH! :wild:

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
YES!

Malice is a bossy, stubborn, bee yotch!

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Every night I look over to Apache, my male, who most of the time is laying quietly chewing a stuffie and say "your the only good one". He has his quirks, don't get me wrong not like the girls, mostly noise issues.
Lakota huffs and puffs if she doesn't want to do something. She is sooooo lucky that my other dogs haven't kicked her butt. 70lb little lunictic goes gremlin on a 120lb male.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
That was my old golden and I. She had a huge attitude and was so bitchy! But I loved her more then anything on this earth. She was me in dog form. We used to butt heads all the time as well.

Zira has a pretty big attitude too. Very female. I always preferred males, but she landed in our laps... so didn't have an option there. The next one will be a male.... I will make sure of that! We are in the process of possibly adopting a male GSD right now, and I am super excited... I really miss the male temperaments. IMO, they are so much easier to live with. I love Z more then anything, but she can be such a bitch. :rolleyes: lol

Definitely my last female if I have any say in it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
My girl is a Queen Diva! I swear I saw her get upset with someone when they ignored her. She thinks everyone should give her the attention and tell her how beautiful she is. LOL

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
:D Circe is:

A HARDCORE DIVA BAD ***!!
(Whats funny is I always say this about her. I hope doing stars is appropriate.)

She works hard and plays hard. Circe doesn't like a whole lot of attetion. She takes her pat on the head and that's all she needs. Needy ha! Not at all. She girly at times like when she picks up a ball. Now when she is working the sleeve watch out! Bam nice full grips! She she surpised me fore sure I expected a girly girl. She tuff and totally changed my opinon about female GSD. I love her whole attuide thing she has going for her. :D

·
Banned
11,005 Posts
My girl is a Queen Diva! I swear I saw her get upset with someone when they ignored her. She thinks everyone should give her the attention and tell her how beautiful she is. LOL
OMG. Libby is so like this. We went to the vet last week and she figured she was just there to have everyone fawn over her. She was so insulted when she realized we were there to have her butt checked!! :rolleyes:

On the other hand, she's a good therapy dog because she'll sit for hours while people pet her.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
YES!

Malice is a bossy, stubborn, bee yotch!

. :wub::wub::wub::wub: i'v only had four bitches in the last 33plus years and they have always been a challenge. They're more fun than the boys, but more difficult to live with!

·
Super Moderator
32,033 Posts
We refer to Halo as a Diva - one of her nicknames is the Fluffy Princess (FP for short). She can be a drama queen too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maya is no diva but we had a doberman female that had some serious attitude. She knew better than to b on the couch but she got up in her own sweet time. She was extremely lazy, only dog I ever seen that had no interest in going for a walk. Food was her only motivation. You could get her to do whatever u wanted with food. Maya does because she knows it pleases us. We dont always need a food reward to motivate Maya.

Maya is more eager...Athena wasnt.

I think it just depends on the personality the dog was born with. Male or female, doesn't matter. A breeder told me females are called bitches for a reason. Well Maya has proved to us otherwise.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts