German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my first German Shepherd would tear golf balls, base balls ,and soft balls apart. I didn't give them to him but our neighbor would hit them into our yard. I have never heard of another dog doing this like chevy did. The only balls we could give him to play with were these rubber one that I don't think they make anymore.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
My golden did. We actually ended up giving him one of those smaller basketballs (he did eventually pop it...or it went flat or something, but he never tore it up). We also would use the heavy duty kongs, and those worked fairly well.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Shasta has destroyed a hardball, too many Kong balls to count. She has not, however, even left a mark on this one, despite her many attempts.

Rough & Rugged Golf Ball

It's heavy, so we don't play fetch games with it; I'm afraid it would hurt her if she tried to catch it. She chews on it in the house and we play rolling games.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My boy takes a basketball or soccer ball and poops them in seconds flat.
I never have given him a baseball tho

·
Registered
20 Posts
yea my gsd destroys balls like its her life aspiration. when we play fetch we cant let her hold on to the ball for too long because she is chewing on it as she comes back to us -_- eventually they all get destroyed or chewed in half

1 - 5 of 5 Posts