German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aside from kaiju, I have a husky who HATES water unless it's frozen and my boyfriend just wishes she liked it lol, we go to the dog beach a lot so it would be cool if she liked water but she hates it!

we were wondering the odds of kaiju growing up to like water, Do your dogs like water?

do most gsds like water/not like water? lol
I know it depends on the dog, but im just wondering :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Cruz didn't really know what to think of it at first. But I introduced him to it slowly one day on his terms. Once he seen that water was all fun and games, he's been all in since. Loves water. Favorite thing to do is chasing bubbles and playing in our small sprinkler.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My GSD loves water. He will lay down on the baja step and soak. He was a bit leery of swimming, getting off the step into deeper water, but he has come a long way and will retrieve toys now.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
All of my dogs are part fish!

·
Registered
182 Posts
My 10 mo. old GSD loves it!

Doesn't matter if it's a pool or lake. We taught her to climb in and out on the pool ladder.
I think she is part fish.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Jazzy tolerates water but Delgado loves water.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
My 4 month old pup loves the water. He'll go to where his kiddie pool is stored and ask to have it put down. He then paws around and then lies down in it. He also enjoys going to the lake, has no fear and will chase after my son and swim out after him.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
My 6 1/2 month old Dexter hates water. When hes acting up and chasing my other small dogs around , or wont listen I just say im going for the water bottle and he stops immediately :D. We take him to the dog beach but he stays on the sand.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my dog will swim in the creek. he loves being sprayed with
the hose. i can shoot a jet stream with the hose and he'll
follow it, mouth it and stand still and let the water hit him.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Both my GSD and my husky LOVE water. On separate occasions both have attempted to join me in the shower! lol.

This summer I've made a point of regularly taking them to a local park with a creek where they can splash around. They love it and I love how much it tuckers them out! :)

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Hondo doesn't care if I get him wet with the water hose. He doesn't get excited when I turn it on. But will come if I call him and stand while I get him wet. He won't creep when giving a bath.

We have a pond. He'll quietly walk into the pond and swim around. Leisurely. He'll got back to a side, turn around and swim around again. I think he enjoys a quiet, slow swim in the cool water.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
My Golden and my GSD LOVE water, the beach is my favorite way to burn off their access energy. My Golden and GSD are very bonded so I think my Goldens love of water really influenced my GSD's. My small dogs are another story, my Chi mix won't even step in a little puddle, she'll go around it. :D

My boys playing at the beach!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Lola has always loved water,she jumped into the river all by herself for the first time at 4 months if I remember correctly.
She loves the hose, sprinkler,water guns lakes and rivers.
We took her to the river this morning and she was hopping around in the water like a deer lol

·
Registered
852 Posts
Dakota LOVES to wade in the water but he wont go out deep enough to swim. Ditto loves it, only because I throw her ball for her. She isn't thrilled when she has to actually swim, but she will if her ball is there. Daisy wants no part of it. She gets so confused because she hates it but wants to play with the other dogs so she paces back and forth. We don't take her anymore because of this. Weegee has only been to the water twice. The first time he hated it. The second time was a bit better. If I threw his ball for him, he would love it, but I want to get him a life jacket before trying that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quincy's favorite game is attacking the water coming from the water hose, he also has a kiddy pool he likes to play in. We have not been able to get him to go swimming yet. Our pomchi will swim, not his favorite thing to do but will

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 30 Posts