German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,951 Posts
My dogs do all sorts of things that make me go huh?

They lick their junk
eat sticks, rocks, grass, and other things that are so not food
they pee in the same spot and on top of any other dogs pee
they drink from the toilet even with fresh water 4 ft away
When I'm not even talking to them they immediately sit right in front of me and begin to listen with the head tilt and 360 degree ears
they clean out each others ears
they smell butts even non doggy one's
they alert me to vomit too
Zoe has even woken me up twice now when one of the kids had a fever in the middle of the night
My lab HAS to put away our shoes if one of us flings them randomly on the floor
and lastly Zoe wakes me up to tell me every night there is a deer in our yard and whines like she wants to go play with them.

· Registered
2,951 Posts
LOL I just think their trying to get the other in trouble- "like look what xxxxx did mom that wasn't me I am so cute":D Maybe they are worried about their friend too -I know when the kids are sick my GSD is a whiney pacing mess if I try to close their doors. She HAS to be right there monitoring the situation and wants to stay right with them like she knows they are off. My son had his tonsils out last week and it got so bad with her my DH and mom had to feed her in his room because she would not come down to eat or potty. She wouldn't come when they called her to go outside for walks or potty breaks so they had to leash her and drag her out just to do her business. She even tried to go after my mom when she visited to check on him. He was asleep with Zoe in his bed and when she opened the door Zoe immediately lunged at her barking and blocked the door.

I also just got out of the hospital last week and she responded the same way- laid right with me staring at me, panting, and driving me insane,lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.