• Never

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll never forget the first day I met Sasha (I mean who could forget one of the best days of their entire life?). Her foster mom got her out of the truck and the three of us went for a short walk. After the walk we went back to the truck and this beautiful girl leaned all her weight on me. My mom remembers this now and smiles, saying, "She knew you were hers from the start." I don't know about all that, we had a bit there where she was scared of everyone, but I do remember knowing at that moment that come thick or thin this was my girl.

She didn't really do it again much that I remember until lately. Lately she's been a bit neglected. We do stuff together, but time has been a little crunched, so unfortunately not as much as we had planned this summer. Anyways, lately she's been doing the lean all the time. She walks up for a little love and just lets all her weight shift against my leg. I gotta admit it's pretty cute.

So how many of your dogs do the lean?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Both my dogs do the lean. Rosa especially does it. Niko does it until you start petting him, then he moves away a little. The lean seems like an attention-seeking move with him.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Doc is a major leaner. If you love on him, he leans and then tucks his head down until he does what looks like a somersault. He is definitely still a silly, goofy boy. Dazzle is not a leaner, she is way too busy for that silliness.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Both my boys lean occasionally. They prefer that you sit on the floor, though, so they can lay in your lap. Not sure if that counts?

Now my friends St. Bernard, Utah? He is a leaner. And a drooler. Not really a good combo if you're wearing something nice. :) He is a total love and will just walk right up and lean on you. Sitting, standing, trying to walk - it doesn't matter. He just leans all of his body into yours.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Have not had the lean yet. He does put his nose on my when my arm is on the arm rest in the car. :wub:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Piper leans when she's tired and/or snuggly. Her lean is usually accompanied with a paw and my foot... just to ensure Momma doesn't move.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Shelby only leans on the side of your leg when she's sitting next to you,other than that no. My Cattle Dog will usually lean on you only if she knows you well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Crystal does it sometimes, only if you are petting a really good spot.

Nour does it all the time. <3 so cute, lol. He leans on you when you are petting him, walking, standing. It isn't really attention-seeking, he does it when he is already -getting- the attention. XD

·
Registered
75 Posts
We adopted Bella about 6 weeks ago. She is about 4 or 5 years old, so we know nothing about how she was raised or treated. When we first brought her home, she was very aloof but she's started opening up. When I get up in the mornings, when I get home from work, and periodically throughout the evening, I will lean down and give her a hug - one arm loops around her neck to scratch her opposite shoulder and my other arms goes over her back to scratch her side. At first she wasn't sure about it and would just stand there, but lately she's started leaning all her weight into me. She has a habit of dropping her head when she walks up to me or I walk up to her, so when I give her a hug, I'll lift her head up to me and lately I can feel her pushing her head up into me more and more.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Zero loves to lean on me. especially after he has chased down the cats and put them in their place, he runs to me and leans on me like " dont worry mom i took care of them" sadie my lab will lean then flip upside down for a belly rub

·
Registered
60 Posts
My old boy who passed away used to lean on me all the time. I'd sit at the top of the steps and he would come put his head under my arm so I had my arm around his back. He'd lean into me and just sit there watching everything with me for an hour or more.

Hendrix leans on me when he's a little unsure of a situation. He usually sits ON my foot and leans his weight into me. Sometimes when he's laying next to me while I'm sitting on the couch, he puts his paw on my foot and falls asleep. That's actually how I chose him or he chose me rather. When he was four weeks old he crawled into my lap, put his paw on my hand, licked me, and fell asleep. Good Valentines day!:wub:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Odin is a major leaner, he oftentimes adds the body curl and headbutt.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Simone: full weight body flop I'm knocking you down lean
Willie: leaner,but gentle and loving.
Zane: not a big leaner, but he's a nuzzler :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Scarlett is also a major leaner. She tucks her head and curls around too. We assumed it was a "dog hug", since she gets in trouble if she puts her paws on our shoulders and tries to give us a proper hug. :) She is generally a very snuggly dog anyway. Glad to know it's not bad that she is a leaner (hugger).

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hugo is a leaner, of course being the heaviest. lol
Banshee is a leaner/rubber, leaving a long trail of shedded hair on anything i'm wearing.
Sasha is a foot flopper, wherever i'm sitting she comes over and throws herself on my feet.

dw~

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hercules used to be a big leaner. .. but he only leaned on me. Zeus has done the lean but he's still so small he just jumps in my lap

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
When I first went to go and see Robyn, we met the couple and she was standing in front of the woman completely leaning on her, pretty much ignoring me:( I remember thinking how cool that looked and I wondered if she would ever do that with me. Well we took her home that day and within a week she did it, both standing and sitting. I was so thrilled:) She still does it now all the time...I just love it:wub:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts