German Shepherds Forum banner

441 - 454 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, not all the newest prototype vaccines, but all the standard vaccines as they grow to adulthood(Rabies, Distemper, Parvo and Kennel Cough)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes, I do all the standard vaccinations as well as the lime disease vaccine since I hike and camp quite a bit with my dogs. I've never seen a bad reaction in any of my dogs, however I do make sure that the vaccinations are spaced out and not overloading the system all at once.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,745 Posts
Drs Foster and Smith have a wealth of information about vaccinations. They do sell vac but the articles are not all butterflies and rainbows. They are vary honest on what vacs can / can't / may do.
goo.gl/jLPQ9A

My dogs got all their core shots. My vet likes to space out puppy shots a bit more than some others do. I get the boosters for lyme and lepto but in the spring time since their efficacy drops off over time. I don't get bordetella or a dog flu shot because we don't spend much time in close contact with other dogs. Rabies is required by law and our sport club.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love my animals and I don't want them to be uncomfortable. I give them literally every shot on the planet. We make a goal for our dogs to be well socialized and to participate in play and other activities with other dogs and humans. Rabies, bordatella, all of it.

We've had one dog get bordatella and the poor guy was miserable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I feel like it is necessary for a dog to get vaccinated.
My puppy got his first shot last week, and the vet told me that he should undergo vaccination every three years.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Josie received all core puppy vaccinations her first year. Our breeder recommends checking titers so we plan on doing that next month (rabies, parvo and distemper) . Haven't had the vaccinate vs titer discussion with our vet though, but the plan is titer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had to be very firm with vet technicians with dogs having cancer.. very old dogs., you show up and some resiptionist is asking about rabis shot.. you tell her that my dog might be PTS today.. she is still arguing.. we proceeded to the vet, never even had a question/problem with that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
And I had a very bad experience, my dog was about to have a surgery on her leg and the receptionist is asking me about rabis shot. I was r u kidding me she is 12+ second surgery.., she looked at me funny. I got a dog after the surgery with rabies tag.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
My dog currently is on immune suppressant medication, so no he is not current with his shots, he can't be immunised while on the meds.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I felt like the vet was pushing vaccines at us!
Rabies (every 3 years, of course), but also bordetella, canine influenza, and lepto.
I said yes, but I did feel like, wow, this is a lot of shots!
I am going to ask our vet about "titers".

441 - 454 of 454 Posts