German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think this puppy is a German Shepherd?

Please, I need your thoughts

look at the photos

I think this puppy is German shepherd bred, but I'm not very sure.

How do you think?

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
at this age its so hard to tell how they will turn out,,going by these pictures alone, looks like a sable gsd puppy to me, and VERY young at that.

Why are you asking? is he a stray, adopted?? just curious

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at this age its so hard to tell how they will turn out,,going by these pictures alone, looks like a sable gsd puppy to me, and VERY young at that.

Why are you asking? is he a stray, adopted?? just curious
I want to buy this, but I am not sure if this is German Shepherd:

Thank you very much for your reply, also expect other answer from those who know better gsd puppies.

You think this is a German Shepherd? many thanks man

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
The pup looks like a red sable, and hopefully is still with littermates til he is at least 8 weeks old. While you are waiting, read, read read about the breed to be sure this is a right match for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pup looks like a red sable, and hopefully is still with littermates til he is at least 8 weeks old. While you are waiting, read, read read about the breed to be sure this is a right match for you.
Thanks man, can you help me to find info about gsd, i want to be sure for this. Thanky'all

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
This site right here, ask questions you'll get good answers. The forums are full of information and you can do a search on a particular question you have(search box at the top of the page, left side)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This site right here, ask questions you'll get good answers. The forums are full of information and you can do a search on a particular question you have(search box at the top of the page, left side)
Thanks

any other opinion about this puppy

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Well you can look at the mom and know that it is at least 1/2 shepherd. Is the dad anywhere around or do they have a picture of him?

How old is the pup? When you get him he should have a health certificate from the vet that goes home with him. Some will write down what they think the puppy is while others put down whatever the owner says.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What a cutie, I'm leaning towards yes; the seller has no akc or any registration info? No parents on site? Or is it just you wanna be sure?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think mix but not an expert by far lol. On another note think about this before you buy/adopt her. If she turns out as an adult to be a mix will you keep her? Will you be happy with her? If you have your heart set on a pure bred you can just wait until you find a pup that you know is purebred that way you dont get any surprises down the line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think mix but not an expert by far lol. On another note think about this before you buy/adopt her. If she turns out as an adult to be a mix will you keep her? Will you be happy with her? If you have your heart set on a pure bred you can just wait until you find a pup that you know is purebred that way you dont get any surprises down the line.
I've decided to wait until I find a clean bred.

Thank'you all for you input your thoughts (sorry my bad english)

·
Registered
929 Posts
looks like a mix.. isnt that white on his chest? other than that...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts