German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my baby is apparently some percentage of poodle so she isn't full blooded, but she obviously has a lot of GSD if that's the case because I don't see any poodle (she was found for free on Craigslist, so who knows)
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Collar Carnivore Ear

Dog Eye Working animal Carnivore Dog breed

馃槀. I'm curious though, do you think these ears will stand? She just turned 4 months, and I'm not holding my breath on it but it's like they're slowing standing out more and more?

Super Moderator
Did you see the parents? I'm not seeing any GSD features in this puppy.She's a pretty little girl though:)One of my dogs is husky/ hound and her ears stick out sideways like that when she alerts. Hers never went up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you see the parents? I'm not seeing any GSD features in this puppy.She's a pretty little girl though:)One of my dogs is husky/ hound and her ears stick out sideways like that when she alerts. Hers never went up.
I did not lol. The woman we got her from said the parents were poodle and shepherd but I feel like I see no poodle especially, I would expect much fluffier fur or something 馃槱. She's a cutie definitely her ears just always intrigue me! They look different every day lol.

Registered
They might! you truly never know with ears lol

To me, they look like they will, thats how my boys looked at around that age, sticking out before folding up, but if you didn't see the parents who knows, she's a pretty little girl though.

Registered
Judging by the set of the ears, i.e. the shape and structure, I'd guess (a) no GSD, and (b) those ears are not going to ever stand.

She is a very beautiful girl though, so who cares! I kind of like that flying nun look!

Reactions: mnm

Registered
Ears won't stand. Not proper ear set.

Registered
Sutter Cain (dog), Jori (cat), Skeeter (cat)
I see a LOT of poodle in that face.

Images taken form google.

Her long, narrow snout, shape of her nose, wide set eyes, and even the position of her ears. She may be a poodle/gsd mix but she has a LOT of poodle in that face.

At this point, the ears are iffy. I could be wrong but they seem a little too far to the sides of her head, but GSD (even mixie) ears can do unexpected things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts