German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
I want to take a stab at this and guess at just plush rather than a true long haired. But I could be totally wrong.

·
Super Moderator
32,016 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm still not able to view uploaded photos (technical issue the board is working on) but plush is a descriptive term, not a coat type. Coats are either stock (regular short double coat that can vary in length) long stock coat (what people are usually referring to when discussing longcoats - long outer fur with an undercoat, also varied in length), and true longcoat, which does not have an undercoat. They are much more rare, so if she is a coatie, she's most likely a long stock coat.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It's hard to tell, but she does look very fluffy and less fuzzy/smooth. She's like a little bear!

Any pictures next to siblings? That could help out a lot.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If I had to take a guess, I would say she is a long coat, but I'm still not sure. Maybe you could post more pictures around 8-10 weeks?

·
Registered
32 Posts
She looks allot more like a fluffy pupper but it could be that it changes later on and she ends up with a smooth coat. My pup was pretty fluffy but with shorter fur and now he's smooth and only has a tiny bit of fluff left. It's hard to tell!

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
The puppy in question, as well as her sister, are both long coats.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input guys! I will definitely post more photos of her up when she gets a little older! She does have very long hair on the top of her head, around her ears, and a bit more hair behind her legs than in usual pups I've see.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
This is Fantom. He was quite fluffy as a pup but he turned out short- haired- it’s hard to tell.
It becomes quite easy after looking at enough puppies and focusing on the right details. albeit “fluffier” than an adult coat, Fantoms coat is very typical of your standard stock coat puppy and in my opinion does not at all look remotely similar in coat type as the puppies the OP presented. Long coats just have a different look to them.... maybe hard to describe but not hard to spot. It’s more than fluffy... it’s like plush little wavy haired pudgy bear cubs with seemingly low ear sets.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts