German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few months I have been noticing a walk with Lulu and I dont know if I am noticing it because I'm petrified of hip dysplasia or if there its really there and I should have her xray'ed. The video isnt that great but if you could tell me what you all think I would appreciate it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztljdsJJooo

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
She does look like she sways a little, but I am not sure if that is an indication of hip dysplasia or not. If you are worried, then get her x-rays done. If she is fine, then great! If not, then you can get her started right away on supplements.

·
Registered
31,797 Posts
You really can't tell anything from that video. When she runs, does she move her back legs independently? Or does she bunny hop? And even that doesn't mean HD, it could be a back issue.

The only way to tell is xrays.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
while xrays will tell for sure, the vet can also do physical exam, of the rear leggs to tell if there is any pain, most important is keep up the exercise the more build up of muscle in the rear the better it is, muscle take`s a lot of stress away from the joints, and i agree you can't tell anything from the video

1 - 5 of 5 Posts