• No

Votes: 81 36.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you let your dogs on the couch? Our pup, 4 1/2 months got on the couch the other day and let her stay because it was nice to have her there. We before would always tell her off. This is the first give-in I have ever had with her and I need to make the choice now if I am going to let her always be on the couch or not and enforce it. The only reason I would not want to is if we get new couches that are not leather I would not want her on them. Well, any new couches for that matter... HAHA! But have you all had positive experiances or negative? This may be the only thing she gets her way with :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes, guilty! I do keep throws on the sofas though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Stoli goes on the couch because as you said he got up once as a puppy and snuggled with me and I was hooked! He has never tried chewing other than one time in which he nibbled for a second but he didn't do any damage and stopped when redirected. The worst is at times he "burrows" in to the couch but again no damage occurs. Also we have a cloth couch and yes the clean up sucks and more often ppl end up with fur all over themselves but that's life lol

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I do as well. Bunny's well behaved so we don't have any issues with it. Jazz is a lot bigger and he doesn't seem to like it up there as much but he's allowed.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yep both of mine are allowed up.

·
5,627 Posts
Yup (and the bed too!). BUT, they both get off immediately when I tell them to.

If you don't want her on them for life, then don't let her do it now.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yep!! They are all allowed on couch and in bed. Harley usually sleeps on the couch at night because he will not sleep in bed if my husband is in. Don't know why. We have a Fox Terrier that needs to be under the covers, glued to your leg. Wouldn't have it any other way!!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yep...she's allowed on the couch and in bed! Wouldn't have it any other way! Love the snuggle time!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I was cuddling in bed once with Bunny when she sneezed and nailed me in the mouth with her head. My husband woke up to me screaming with blood dripping down my chin not knowing what had happened. Poor girl, was so upset that she hurt mom, lol.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
I lied. I said yes. But "no" would have been less correct. They let me share their couch...

Yes, I bought the couch in a distressed brown leather. Best decision I ever made. Got it on sale and it is comfortable and awesome.

If I must go and live under the bridge, I hope I can drag it along with me and the dogs.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Couches and Beds are for Humans not hairy dogs. ;)

Don't get me wrong I love our boy but he will be too big and hairy to be on the couch or bed. I hate getting off a couch covered in dog hair or sleeping in it. Actually, Baron is not allowed in the bedroom. He has is own nice comfy bed/pad on the floor in front of the TV stand.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Always, but she actually does not want to go up that much. She runs hot and prefers to lay on our cool tiles. We have two couch covers from the SureFit company. They are wonderful, easy to wash and extended the life of our sofa.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
We started out as "NO" on both, but over the years, we have switched to yes, but only if they're invited and (now) they know that they have to get down when they're told.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
The only one allowed on the couch is Samson and that's b/c when he was younger he was so little we didn't want him stepped on by the other dogs. I put him on a couch near ours with his blanket and it's been like that every since. Jamie has her own Drs. Foster and Smith orthopedic bed so she stays on that other than that she really likes the floor. She never really too much wanted on the couch anyways once she got older so it has never been a problem. There is also a large Lazyboy ottoman she's allowed on, but she doesn't get on it much except to look out the window occassionally. She does sleep with me at night when hubby is gone. She has another Dr. Fosters and Smith ortho bed in the bedroom too she sleeps on when hubby is home b/c Jamie's a bed hog we can't all sleep comfortably when she plasters herself right in the middle of us or on top of us.LOL

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
My answer is yes and no. Our couch is a sectional and it goes completely across our living room window, which is by the front door. He is allowed on the couch for the purpose of checking the property, if he hears something or just periodically he will check to see if there are any strangers around our property or alert us to any visitors. Just to sit or lay on the couch, the answer is no. However when we are not home, and I pull up in the driveway-I can see him quickly jumping off the couch-sneaky dog.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts