German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a female GSD puppy next year and I think I want to name her Malice but other names are capturing my attention. After she is completely trained and about 2-3 years old and I am ready I was thinking I would add another boy GSD.

So Sin would be about 6 years old
Malice (?) would be 2 1/2 or 3 years old
Puppy would be about 12 weeks old

I have future names for both the female and male but choosing just one of the would will be so hard :crazy:

These are the names I like: Malice, Helena, Berlin, Fallyn, Ker, Grimm, Havoc, Slayer, Mayhem, Corrupt, Helios, Minerva, Morticia, Styx, Nyx, Pan, Echo, Bellatrix and Praxis.

When are you getting your next puppy and do you have a name picked out already?

·
Registered
514 Posts
When we got Remy, we had a short list of names that we liked, but we wanted to wait until we saw his personality. We ended up naming him something completely different than what was on our list.

I have to see a dog before I can associate a name with it, same with a baby.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Too funny...I was just thinking the other day about when I might start researching to get another dog and if I'll get a male or a female. I have a four-year-old male mix; an eight week old female GSD...I'm thinking by the time I'll be bringing another one into the house(probably another 2-3 years) I'll look at getting a male GSD.
There's no telling what I'll name him though. lol I'll think about that after I start searching; will probably wait another 1.5 years to even start looking into breeders, etc. again.

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
We had picked out Cassidy's and Keefer's names as our next female and male long before we were even thinking of getting another dog. Cassidy was named for a Grateful Dead song, and Keefer is a name from my husband's family.

We picked Dena's name when we put down a deposit on her at 3 or 4 weeks old. She was from a D litter, and we spent the next few weeks until she could come home narrowing down the possibilities. I found it on a names website as meaning "valley" or "from the valley", and she came from the Willamette Valley in Oregon.

We were still months away from considering a new puppy when we saw Halo (from an H litter) here on the board, and she was already 9 weeks old. We hadn't even begun thinking about names, and since we got her a week later we didn't have a lot of time to think about it. We both liked the name the breeder gave her, so we kept it.

I don't have plans for a new pet any time soon, and no more names in the works either.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
We had picked out Cassidy's and Keefer's names as our next female and male long before we were even thinking of getting another dog. Cassidy was named for a Grateful Dead song, and Keefer is a name from my husband's family.

We picked Dena's name when we put down a deposit on her at 3 or 4 weeks old. She was from a D litter, and we spent the next few weeks until she could come home narrowing down the possibilities. I found it on a names website as meaning "valley" or "from the valley", and she came from the Willamette Valley in Oregon.

We were still months away from considering a new puppy when we saw Halo (from an H litter) here on the board, and she was already 9 weeks old. We hadn't even begun thinking about names, and since we got her a week later we didn't have a lot of time to think about it. We both liked the name the breeder gave her, so we kept it.

I don't have plans for a new pet any time soon, and no more names in the works either.
:poke: Sage ;)

pup #2 is going to be a year or two from now. No idea for a name, Sage was the one I picked out way in advance

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
When/if I get a Second GSD in 2 or 3 yrs. If he's solid black his name Will be Uley after the lil black pup I was suppoesd to get (rip little one) or Jake if its a drk sable.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
LaRen616 you have one heck of a list going there. LOL Picking a name can be overwhelming but you always find something that works for you. I prefer a two syllable name myself or 3 at the most. I love wine and I love napa valley in general so my next girl will called Cali.
I have Zayda and Kaiya now.
I am Italian and had a male named Amico which is friend in Italian female would be Amica.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are the names I like: Malice, Helena, Berlin, Fallyn, Ker, Grimm, Havoc, Slayer, Mayhem, Corrupt, Helios, Minerva, Morticia, Styx, Nyx, Pan, Echo, Bellatrix and Praxis.
Well actually I really shouldn't use Minerva or Morticia because Wicked's full name is Wicked Minerva Lucifer and Chaos is Chaos Morticia Lucinda

·
Registered
669 Posts
I am a big J.R Ward fan, love her books. Probably gonna name my next male pup after one of her characters. Character names like Wrath, Phury, Viscious, Rhevenge,Zsadist, Tohrment, Rhage.... :)

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
I am looking at Evenstar's Kojak for my next dog puppy. But when he arrives, who knows, he may fit into some other name better.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
My present dogs are named Molly(my mom chose it) and Tanner(his name the shelter gave him.) When I get my next puppy(it won't be for a while) Female: Ginger, Athena, Moonlight, Cleo, Fiona. Male: Jagger, Leo, Raphael, Michelangelo, Donatello.( I have a thing for the Ninja Turtles.lol.)

·
Registered
641 Posts
LaRen - I LOVE the name Malice!!! You should use that!

Any future dogs cats etc I get will be names after NCIS characters. Dinozo, Ziva, Leroy, Jethro, Gibbs, Ducky, Abby(I already had an Abby so I won't use it again), McGee.

I'm an NCIS geek!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I never picked Raven's name out ahead a time. When I saw her it just came to me
immediately.
It was love at first site...for her and me..lolol
She follows me everywhere. Lays by my feet when I am on the computer.
ohhhhh she is just awesome...
and now I sound like a bragging mom..
sorry..lol
dawn

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
When are you getting your next puppy and do you have a name picked out already?
I always have lots of potential names. Then I get a pup and usually use totally different names from any I had in mind LOL

My youngest is from a W litter. I had a W registered name in mind for months before I knew I was getting a W litter puppy. I didn't even end up using that name for my puppy LOL The registered name I had in mind was Wild Whirled. Instead she's Whimsical aka Whimsy (sort of the polar opposite of Malice LOL).

Cherry is Cherry Garcia from one of my litters. for fun, instead of calling them colors I gave the puppies in her litter all fruit names. She stayed and kept her fruit name. I got one of her brothers back and threatened to change his name back to Kiwi if I kept him LOL Cherry and Kiwi :D Jora I got off of the Alfabette Zoope site. I love the name Jory and it was similar and meant autumn rain. The name is supposed to be said Your - ah but it the way it looks Joor - ah. I picked her name out before she came home but I already knew her and visited her litter often. Zette was Yellow in my first litter - couldn't so much keep that puppy name. Her name is a name from a popular Belgian book series and also a name way back in her pedigree. Jagger is from an I litter - It's Only Rock N Roll. Loki was named Nikki when I got her - my name!

Now I have some temporary puppies and despite always having a running list in mind of cool dog names...I can't think of anything to call them!

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I am leaning toward Giselle with call name being GiGi. It's actually the name I had picked for my last baby if he had been a girl - but he was a he so I still have that name to use!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts