German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hans was one of 10, I believe.

Here they are, precious little furballs, knowing nothing but to cry, nurse and poop, under mama Questa's concerned gaze.

Hans was one of these little guys. Wonder which one? :)

I have always thought of the others who came into the world with him, and briefly shared his life.

All got sold but one. I kept going back to the site and she was always still there, frozen in time, in her 8-week-old picture.

Sometimes I check Narnia just to see what is going on with them.

What do I see today? His sister, all grown up, the one that was left behind, probably one that came rushing up to us, tails wagging, paws on the little barrier, along with a few more siblings, when we were there. I was too taken with Hans at the time to go see the others.

Here is his sister, the gorgeous, and from the description, really good dog Nevada!

Definitely, Hans's sister. Her ears are more rounded and her coloring is darker, but the rest is so similar that it is delightful. I was so delighted to see her, and got such a kick out of reading about her!

"Nevada is a high drive black & red daughter of TrCh. Questa von Narnia, C.D., BH, SchH2, TR3, AD and Dix Z Perstatskeho mlyna BH, ZVV1, SchH3, IPO3, AD, TD. She is very social, confident, and outgoing, and has high play drive for a jute or a ball. She has a firm, hard grip and is showing excellent potential for tracking, obedience, and protection work. She is social and non-dominating with other dogs and enjoys playing with them. Nevada is excellent with children and travels easily. We hope to see her grow up to be a future competition and breeding dog for our kennel."

Which brings me to my question: do you know of, or have any pics of, your dog's litter mates?

·
Registered
116 Posts
:( No :( Which really does make me sad.

I am FB friends with the owners of most of our Rottweilers litter. When we still lived in CA we would have playdates with one of the other pups. On my drive across country, we met up with 2 more of his litter mates. I love seeing them all grow up and compare personalities.

We purchased Roo through his sire's owner. She took pick of the litter as stud payment and we got Roo from her. I never had any contact with the breeder that whelped the litter until after Roo came home. I am FB friends with her, and have repeatedly emailed/posted to her, asking for litter photos and info, but she has ignored every request. Considering she is on the East Coast and only hours away, I would guess some of Roo's litter mates are still in the area.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
All but two were planned for police dogs and the other two went to companion homes (including Delgado) but then there was a issue with the police funding so that fell through so one went to police training and the rest went back up for sale. When I last spoke to the breeder all but two were in companion homes, I told her that if any of the other owners wanted to keep in touch that I was interested but no bites yet. I'm not sure if the last two sold or not. I think she's planning a yearly bbq for their dog owners to get together so I hope that happens, it'd be a lot of fun :)

As for photos:

His mother Diva with the litter at 5 weeks old

Another photo of Diva with the litter at 5 weeks old. Sorry for the quality, she wasn't cooperating with the camera that day lol

Litter at 5 weeks old

Litter at 7 weeks

·
Banned
3,612 Posts
Oh goody, I'll play! Sorry, these are mixes, not purebreds, but I hope no one minds. (Mom is pb WGSD, dad is some kind of husky lab mix.)

Bailey and Tucker were from a litter of 7. All lived. Five males, two females. (Both females were whites) Five whites, 1 quite dark, 1 silver. 1 white male had one blue eye; the dark male had both blue eyes.

(Last pup, a white girl wasn't born yet...)

My irresponsible son sold a white girl and the silver boy to someone.. .and poof, vanish. No idea where they are. (Breaks my heart. :mad:)

The others:

Brother -- (one blue eye)

Same guy, might as well be Bailey's twin other than the one blue eye:

Sister --

Blue eyed brother --

Same guy, but with time, he lightened up a lot:

And then, of course, I have two white boys.

Funniest thing of all to me is how Tucker does not look like any of his littermates. (Or at least the three I keep in touch on.)

-- Oh and last, ETA -- a father/son comparison --

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
There are 4 of Carly's litter mates that I see on a fairly regular basis. One I see at the dog shows (she's an AKC Grand Champion), and the other 3 are owned by friends.

Carly's sister Tara:

Sage's breeder and her son each have a litter mate. I see them all the time. They are just as silly and sweet as Sage.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
My Uncle owns one of Dakoda's sisters, and I see her brother (as well as another sister) from time to time when her breeder is visiting America. He usually visits for long periods of time so I also get to see her mother, grandparents on both sides, and a cousin of hers. :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I keep up with most of my dog's littermates and half-siblings.

Just today we went to my breeder's house where 3 of her littermates were (2 were there for babysitting while the family camped) and one full sibling puppy (3 months) from the last litter.

I keep in contact with SEVERAL half siblings and a few full siblings from each of my dogs. :)

I also get to hang out with their parents and some of the other half siblings on a regular basis. :)

Actually, my best friend may be babysitting Zefra's littermate sister on-off for a bit for some training/socializing in the city. :)

We just did some herding a few weeks ago too with one of her full siblings. :)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Edit on mine (It somehow cut it out >.<)-
I know the most about the sister my uncle owns. She's very independant, prefers to be outside herding/watching the livestock and chickens. When she isn't doing that she's out with my uncle doing his errands (small enough town she gets to go everywhere, even restaurants). She's great with all the people in town and is very social (moreso than Koda). However, he has quite a few icidents where people will try to steal livestock, eggs, etc. off his property and she does NOT do well with those strangers ;)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Here is Havoc's mom with his litter

This is a picture of Havoc and his brother Icon when they were about 12 months old

This is Mayhem's sister

This is that same sister with Mayhem at 8 weeks old

and again at about 4-5 months old

Mayhem and a different sister from the same litter

Can barely tell them apart!

Mayhem's brother

Here are two of mine, but they are brother and sister

Here is their sister Luna

and here is their brother Dexter

I could keep going LOL But I'll leave it at that

·
Registered
646 Posts
i have pics of zeus with his litter mates from the breeder..and we have all kept in touch with the breeder and plan on all getting together this fall..i cant wait

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I know Shasta's breeder kept back one female from Shasta's litter, Penny, and she just had her first litter of beautiful black and red puppies. One of Shasta's brothers has appeared in commercials, I believe. I'm not sure about the rest...not even sure how many were in her litter.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I did see a few of Aiden's siblings from his litter and the repeated litter for about a year after I got him, but then everybody kind of faded away...

I love the connections that some breeders make on FB. I know that H'Doc vom Rex Lupus has an awesome FB group page that allows his progeny to keep in touch. It's so great! I'm hoping for the same when I pick out my next puppy.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I love the connections that some breeders make on FB. .

Thank you for the fantastic idea. I just found the whole litter on FB! Wonder if I can get in touch with any of the owners... I no longer have a FB account but it may be worth joining again for this.

This little dude looked to me like Joe Pesci. Robin said there was no way he would fit us because he was too energetic, LOL. He does look like trouble... wonder where he is and what he looks like now

Questa Pups (4wks) & Utah Pups (5wks) | Facebook

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Thank you for the fantastic idea. I just found the whole litter on FB! Wonder if I can get in touch with any of the owners... I no longer have a FB account but it may be worth joining again for this.

This little dude looked to me like Joe Pesci. Robin said there was no way he would fit us because he was too energetic, LOL. He does look like trouble... wonder where he is and what he looks like now

Questa Pups (4wks) & Utah Pups (5wks) | Facebook
I only use facebook for dog stuff now lol.

·
Registered
792 Posts
My oldest daughter and her husband have one of Teddy's littermates. She's a very sweet, pretty dog, but doesn't have the ultra feminine look of Teddy.

As pups she was much less mouthy than Teddy, but she did like to jump on everything and everyone.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
When I adopted Z at 16 months old, his brother was also being adopted out and I the daughter of the guy who took the litter mate (brother). The guy does not post pics of him though-won't even share them with me...oh well I guess!

I quite accidentally found another litter mate of Z's. See if you can tell the difference of the two below :)

When I adopted Nadia at 16 months old, I did some digging and found someone not far from me that has one of her sisters. We spoke one time on the phone. Have never had the joy of talking again :(

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have seen two of my dogs full brothers and will get to train with one of them regularly. I have also seen 7 of his half siblings at training and will continue to get to see them train, as they live close by and we all train with the breeder. It is very neat to see the similarities, both physically and behaviorally between them all.

Before this, I never met any of my dogs siblings. I would have loved to though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Christine started a FB page for the Blackthorn kennel and it really took off with the P-litter. Most of the P-puppy owners have kept in touch and it's been awesome to watch the siblings growing up, compare notes on behaviors, and see how similar everyone can be! Some of the earlier litters have popped in and hopefully the newest puppy families will be active on FB too.

I get to see a half-sister of Piper's fairly regularly since she's owned by my herding instructor. Have even seen momma (Xita) and another half-sister when Christine comes down for herding. I absolutely LOVE how tight-knit the Blackthorn family is!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts