German Shepherds Forum banner

Do you keep in contact with the breeder

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious how many people have active relationships with their breeder. Mine loves updates, and updates pictures of all of her pups very often :D Just wondering how many people are like that. very interested in the pups growing up.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
We're friends on Facebook so she sees my obsessive amount of pictures. She's a BYB but does take an interest in what has become to her pup.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Molly's breeder is very interested. I have sent her videos of training, pictures, titles achieved, etc since the day I picked her up at the airport. She includes Molly's pictures and accomplishments on her website and seems very proud of her.

Cheryl

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
There was very little communication between the breeder and me. I would occasionally send a status note or a question. The breeder was cordial but I got the impression she didn't want to be bothered.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I votede yes, but should be a yes and a no. I keep contact with Akela's breeder, though I know him from 8 years before having a pup of him.

I do not keep in contact with Diabla's breeder.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
a yes and a "sort of" for me.

Singe's breeder and I are in regular contact - at least once a week.
Rayden's breeder I contact off and on, though nothing on a regular basis.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Of course we stay in contact! She is an EXCELLENT breeder and we go to her for any medical needs our Vet can't do, and for training, and we update her with pictures! We see her every two weeks in fact! <3

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
With Max no, the breeder wanted nothing to do with me after she got her money...her loss, he's a wonderful dog.

with other dogs i own, yes the breeders are great to help in any way or just to talk.

·
Registered
47 Posts
All our dogs come from one of two breeders, either Huerta Hof or Kulladogs. Both started out as breeders/trainers then quickly became friends and now are definite family! I talk to, text, email, facebook post with them several times a week :)

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have Frank's breeders email for any questions plus she has a facebook page and she loves to have updates of him. She also posts things about her dogs so I can keep up with Franks "family" too. and I've made friends with people who own pups that were in the same litter as Frank through the face book page.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
I am lucky in that over 35 years I have developed some very long term friendships with people who have bought pups from me and I love it ! even when they drop in announced , "camp" out on the property in the spring and summer -- built in puppy socializers and that "other" set of eyes that may notice something that was not immediately evident to me , drop in after market and go out for lunches --- very interesting people --- a bonus .

Carmen
Carmspack Working German Shepherd Dogs

·
Super Moderator
5,728 Posts
I've become good friends with my girls' breeder. We go to dog shows together, train together, I take the dogs out to her house to run in the woods... as well as non-dog related stuff. I'm pretty lucky. :)

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i got my pup at 9 weeks old. i'm still in contact with his breeder.
i've never met his breeder.

·
Banned
5,921 Posts
Yes, but it is pretty easy as we only live about 15 miles from their place, and the breeder has a "class" most every Saturday that a few puppy buyers go to to train a little and to socialize (dogs and people!).

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I have a great relationship with Gavin's breeder, Julie is a wonderful person and has been an absolute Godsend, I love her blog and she is so proud of every ones accomplishments, she is always there to give advice and encouragement, her love and dedication to her dogs is exemplary, I am proud to be a member of the Alta-Tollhaus family.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Yes, we are FB friends and she often comments on my pictures or posts about Niko.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
When I first got Apache, his breeder had set up a yahoo group and all of us stayed in contact. That was a first for me and it was totally awesome. We had a 1yr reunion and saw a few sibs.
Kiya's breeder passed away before her siezures began I did speak with her husband a few times and he said I was the only one who kept in touch. Apache's breeder helped me out when Kiya's seizures began and kind of adopted Kiya. Unfortunately I think I became a thorn in her side after I found out she had bred one of her females to Kiya's sire twice. So unfortunately I haven't spoken to her in a few years.
Lakota came from one of those I want to breed my dog once people, they screened me checked my home and told me to give her back at any age if I didn't want her, they are very nice and I do keep in touch with them on occassion.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Max's breeder I went back to train Rorie with him years after I got Max and he made schutzhund fun again for me-Anja came from the same breeder as Wanda's Max-we were friends for years. She used to let me take some of her already titled Czech dogs to schutzhund training-she gave me Anja for free after my rescue Sadie passed away. We had been friends for years before I got Anja. In our realtionship her only focus was definitely NOT the money

1 - 20 of 50 Posts