German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you cut your meat, if you are giving say a chicken breast or what not, or do you just leave in whole?

I'm about to place my first bulk order with a local co-op, and I don't think I'll be getting as many chicken breasts, but it is what I have to start, as this first week is 100% chicken.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I'm definitely not an expert, just have been reading up on it for a while (was thinking of switching my cat to raw), but the tearing of the meat is good for the dog and for the dog's teeth (along with bones); grinding exposes much more surface area to bacteria than if its left whole so it's actually safer for all involved.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I cut all the meat into strips except for when I give him a whole Cornish Hen or whole Chicken pieces. We do one RAW day a week, Sundays, so all of his meals are RAW that day, so he gets a bit of everything. His RAW meals this Sunday will be a whole breast, bone in leg and/or thigh, ground meat or half a steak (great meat sale), an egg, and the Pork chops that have sat in the freezer for too long.

But...I am a RAW/BARF newbie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts