German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yes! Though theres a pic of me holding my puppy up to a drinking fountain that floats around online...I carry a backpack with water and bowls every time I walk her now. :]

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes, especially when hiking. We've had giardia once and I don't want to deal with it again. That said, I don't freak out if they grab some puddle water or whatnot, I just don't want it to be their main source.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I used to carry a bowl for water, now I just bring a water bottle and they all drink it out of the bottle.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
if we're walking around town or in the woods i buy a bottle
of spring water with the sport. i tilt the bottle down and give
a little squeeze and he drinks the water. i reuse the bottle a couple of times filling it with filtered water from home. if we're visiting i take
his food bowl, water bowl and a gallon of filtered water from home.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
We hike alot, & carry camelbak's on long hikes & hive him water in a collapsible bowl we carry, like to hike as light as we can.

Sometimes he wears a pack fitted on his back & I put a water bottle in there.

I don't allow him to ever drink from still standing water, at times he's taken a quick drink from a stream or the lake although I don't encourage it.

Anytime I'm out & about with him I always bring water, just a habit.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I can really just tell when he needs a drink, the obvious drooling or he will trot along side of me & stare. lol If its really hot out we just offer water more often.

At home if we are outside I will tell him to go get a drink & he usually will from the bowl outside. I always worry he's not drinking enough water & I'm sure he knows better than me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
let him drink from rivers and lakes, never from standing water. When we go biking we always carry extra water for our boy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts