German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I have noticed with my dogs. When Bailey was living with us, my GSD, (with my dad for the time being due to weight limit on were we live) she would wait on me to go to bed before she did. It didn't matter at what time I went to bed, she would stay with me. Mace, a white GSD I took in and rehomed would find him a spot and go to sleep when he was ready. Be it bed in the floor, kitchen, couch, chair..whatever, he wouldn't move when we got up to go to bed. My terrier mix (jrt/rat/schnauzer) will wait for so long, like Bailey, and then eventually go lay down in bed (he sleeps with us or beside us, where ever I want him at the time. But he usually will not wait.

I just find it funny all the differences in the dogs, but I have found that GSDs either wait on you or they don't, there is no inbetween like with my mix, who will wait and then get fed up about it. (at least this has been my experiences)

What's your dog/s do?

·
Registered
31,962 Posts
Cujo gets tired, and then he will come over to my older sister or me and stare at us, with an unmistakeable, get the heck out of here and go home look. Then he goes to sleep in my mother's room.

Babsy only comes out to the rest of the house if I am eating something tasty, go in the fridge, etc. Then she comes out and waits for a tid bit. While I eat, she will sit on the couch with me hoping. When I am done, sometimes she will curl up on the couch, sometimes she will go to my bed (without me). But if I say, "Go to my Bed" She is off and running.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Diabla waits to a certain point, usually at my feet to get an ocassional belly rub with the feet while I'm studying. Then she goes upstairs to my bedroom and waits for me there, specially if I have to stay up until 3:30 AM like tonight...

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Abby follows me everywhere and sleeps where ever I settle down. When I get up she is right there even if it is to go to the bathroom .... she lies down outside the door .... then follow, settle, sleep.
That is, of course, if she is sleepy. Otherwise it's play play play, either by herself or with me/us.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Panzer sends himself to bed, sometimes as early as 9:00 p.m. Must be because he's a growing pup. :)

If he does stay up till I do, maybe 10 or 10:30, he follows me right to bed. Anytime DH or I go near the bed, he hops up for a nap too.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Masi follows me everywhere, and it's no exception when I hit the bed, she hits the bed, the others I've had were the same way except Jake:) He would go upstairs and get on the bed around 8 every single night:)

Now if I'm out late, my husband tells me Masi will go upstairs and go to bed before I get home..Dodge used to do the same thing..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Jericho will laydown next to me and nap until I get up to go to bed then he'll follow me and lay next to my bed and sleep. But everytime I stand he gets up. I thing he's a little bit too much of a worrier. If I have a bad dream I'll make a noise and the next thing I know I have his face in mine and he's whining. I'll sit up and he'll fuss over me and once he is sure I'm okay he'll lay back down. He's done this a couple times now. It's the strangest thing. He isn't a cuddly type of dog either just a couple pets and he is good no more fussing over him. But he does this kind of stuff. He's strange.

·
Registered
31,978 Posts
Jax follows me everywhere. When it's time for bed, and she's sure that's where I'm going, she will go wait on the bed for me.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Hondo will nap anywhere. But when it's time to go to bed, I'll say, "Bed time" and he'll either go to the door (he wants to sleep outside) or he'll go to the bedroom. Unless we are going to experiance adverse weather conditions, I'll let him decided. He hasn't ever gone to the bedroom to sleep with out me.

If I'm working in the bedroom, he'll lay down in the shower and nap....or grab one of hubby's ball caps and take off running looking for hubby to play.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Wolfie waits for me, even though he sleeps downstairs in his crate. He goes in when I go upstairs.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Dodger follows me everywhere I can't even go to the bathroom or take a shower without him trying to come in the bathroom with me lol. When I say good night to my mom he goes up stairs and in to his crate or in to my room. Molly usually comes up after I'm in bed already and Chopper used to follow me everywhere but he can't get up the stairs anymore so he sleeps downstairs.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Shelby follows me around EVERYWHERE she possibly can. She wont go to bed unless i go but if my husband is already upstairs sleeping, she'll go lay at the top of the stairs where she can listen for both of us. Shasta switches between my hubby and i also but she sticks by me most of the time. Riley is hubby's dog but hovers around wherever the other dogs are at the time. usually around me so getting off the couch is sometimes difficult with 3 dogs laying RIGHT THERE! Zena was stuck to me like glue.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mia is always by my side. She has the run of the house at night but when we go to bed, she gets in her crate and sleeps there all night. Her crate is on my side of the bed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts