German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 month old German shepherd he has weighed about 55 pounds for a month now idk if he just stopped growing or he stopped for now and than he will grow I was just curious ?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Yes they go through growth spurts. when my female was growing she grew so fast the first four months it was unbelievable. Then around 6 months old, she seemed to stop for a bit. Around 8 months old she had another spurt. She is 3 years and topped out at 75lbs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I just wanted to make sure i dont care what ever size he turns out he turns out but for a growing boy I found it strange he just stopped lol

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I remember that around 6 to 8 months we were convinced that Ranger was done growing - NOT! I have not weighed him since he was 8 months old (he weighed 60 lbs then) but I don't need to weigh him to know that he is much bigger than he was then. He is now 13 months and he is not huge but I would not be surprised if he weighs in at 75 or 80 lbs now.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've been told they slow down at about 6 months. Riley has been 65 pounds for about a month now. He's 7 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts